University of Bolton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Bolton is a friendly, multicultural university, welcoming students from across the world. Nearby Manchester is one of the UK's biggest cities, less than 20-minutes' by train from Bolton; direct trains also run to Manchester Airport. Bolton is also lucky enough to be surrounded by stunning countryside, including the West Pennine Moors and the Peak District.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
455 international students in 2017–18
- The International team arranges welcome events for all international students. These include an induction providing information about living and studying in the UK, and the opportunity to meet other new international students at an informal social event.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate study: IELTS 6.0, or equivalent.
- Postgraduate study: IELTS 6.5, or equivalent.
- The university also offers pre-sessional English language programmes for students with IELTS 4.0 or above.
Accommodation for International Students
- As part of the university's dedication to providing the smoothest transition to university life, a place in halls of residence is guaranteed to all first-year undergraduates, provided they submit their accommodation application by the deadline specified on the university website.
- Terms and conditions apply, please refer to the university website's accommodation pages for full details.