University of Bolton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- The university student village provides single study, self catering bedrooms. All rooms have basic furnishings, with 6 rooms to a flat and 8 flats in a block.
- The accommodation is a 10-minute walk from the main campus and close to the town centre.
- Staff are available throughout the day and evening to give advice on domestic matters, with a 24 hour security patrol service.
- All rooms are wired for Internet access, the cost of which is included in the rent.
University of Bolton
|Number of university/college beds||700|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£3,040–£3,040|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£2,052–£3,600|
- Bolton is a large, thriving and friendly town which has seen some major regeneration and investment to benefit its resident, student and visitor communities – including modern leisure and retail areas.
- It is surrounded by stunning countryside including the West Pennine Moors, Lake District and Peak District.
- Lower cost of living than many other UK cities.
- An on-campus minibus runs throughout the day stopping at the main Deane Road campus, the Farnworth campus and the Orlando Halls of Residence.
- Local transport including bus, train and taxis, are within a 10-minute walk of the main Deane Road campus and the Orlando Halls of Residence.
- Trains reach Manchester city-centre in just over twenty minutes and other major cities such as Liverpool and Leeds are just over 1 hour away.
Culture and Nightlife
- Bolton town-centre has many different pubs, bars and clubs on offer for student nights out. Students can experience the traditional ales and ciders at Ye Olde Man & Sythe pub. They can dance the night away at the famous Levels Night Club or, if they prefer, enjoy a cocktail at one of the bars on the high-street.
- Theatre lovers can enjoy regular performances at the nationally acclaimed Octagon Theatre; and there's also an annual food and drink festival.
- Students can head to the Bolton Marketplace and experience the Vaults, home to a 9-screen cinema, bars and restaurants as well as being a shopping centre for all major retailers.
- For sport, students can enjoy the university's facilities at the Bolton One as well as football at the Macron Stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers.