University of Bolton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- First year undergraduate students are guaranteed a place provided they submit their accommodation application by the deadline specified on the university website. Terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the university website for details.
- The university halls of residence, Orlando Village, is a gated community providing single study, self-catering bedrooms. All rooms have basic furnishings, with six rooms to a flat and eight flats in a block.
- The price includes costs of heating, light, hot water and the Internet – all rooms are wired for Internet access.
- Staff are available throughout the day and evening to give advice on domestic matters, with a 24-hour security patrol service.
|Self-Catered||from £3,040 per year|
The costs above are for the academic year 2018/19
- Bolton is a large, thriving and friendly town which has seen some major regeneration and investment to benefit its resident, student and visitor communities, bringing modern leisure and retail areas.
- The town offers a lower cost of living than many UK towns and cities.
- It is near the stunning countryside of the West Pennine Moors and the Peak District, and within easy travelling distance of the Lake District.
Nightlife and Culture
- Bolton town centre has many different pubs, bars and clubs on offer for student nights out. Students can experience traditional ales and ciders at Ye Olde Man & Scythe pub or, if they prefer, enjoy a cocktail at one of the bars on the high street and then dance the night away at the famous Level nightclub.
- Theatre lovers can enjoy regular performances at the nationally acclaimed Octagon theatre, and there's also an annual food and drink festival.
- Students can head to the Bolton Market Place and experience The Vaults, home to a nine-screen cinema, bars and restaurants as well as being a centre for all major retail shops.
- For sport, students can enjoy the university's facilities at the Bolton One as well as football at the Macron Stadium, home of Bolton Wanderers.
- Orlando Halls of Residence is a 10-minute walk from the main campus and close to the town centre.
- A minibus service runs throughout the day during term time to the Deane Road campus, Queens campus in Farnworth, and the Orlando halls of residence.
- The brand new Bolton Interchange is within a 10-minute walk of the main Deane Road campus and the Orlando halls of residence; it provides a transport hub for buses, trains and taxis.
- Trains reach Manchester city centre in around 20 minutes and other major cities such as Liverpool and Leeds are just over 1 hour away.