University of Bolton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Bolton works closely with local, national and international organisations including Balfour Beatty, the Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council, the Ministry of Defence and the NHS. Many postgraduate courses are accredited by official bodies, such as the British Psychological Society (BPS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and more.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
1,204 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 39%
- Part Time 61%
- UK 83%
- EU 2%
- Other 15%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||75||75||145|
|Business & Management Studies||40||70||110|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||45||45|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||0||25||25|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||25||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||10||10|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
There are currently two different types of scholarships available for postgraduate students at the University of Bolton. Please visit the university website for the full eligibility criteria:
- Alumni Loyalty Discount: a tuition fee waiver of £1,000 for UK and EU students who are registered alumni of the University of Bolton, having previously completed a higher education or applicable course there, and progressing to a taught master's course.
- Masters (Taught) Excellence Scholarship: £1,500 awarded to full-time UK, EU or international students who have achieved a 1st class honours degree or equivalent from a UK or EU institution, and who will be studying a full-time 180 credit taught master's at the University of Bolton campus in Bolton.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is not guaranteed: postgraduate students are advised to apply for accommodation as soon as they accept a place at the university.