University of Bolton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Accommodation is not guaranteed: postgraduate students are advised to apply for accommodation as soon as they accept a place at the university.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
There are currently 3 different types of scholarships available for postgraduate students at the University of Bolton. Please visit the university website for the full eligibility criteria:
- Alumni Taught Masters Scholarship: UK and EU students who are registered alumni of the University of Bolton, having previously completed a higher education or applicable course there, can benefit from a tuition fee waiver of £1,000. This is applicable for students progressing to a taught Masters course.
- Masters Taught Excellence Scholarship: £1,500 awarded to full-time UK, EU or international students who have achieved a 1st class Honours degree or equivalent from a UK or EU institution, and studying a full-time 180 credit taught Masters at the University of Bolton campus in Bolton.
- 100 Year Anniversary of the Great War Award: On the occasion of the 100-year anniversary of The Great War, the University of Bolton has announced the introduction of an award to assist ex-service personnel to study at the university. The amount of the award payable is £500 per academic year. Students who have completed a minimum of 3 years military service since their eighteenth birthday in the British Armed Forces may apply for the award.
Research at the University of Bolton is driven by the Teaching Intensive Research Informed (TIRI) strategy. Research is offered in the following academic subject areas based in Academic Schools:
- Built Environment.
- Health & Well-being.
- Islamic Finance.
- Mass Observation and Worktown Studies.
- Materials, Research and Innovation.
- Medical, Biomedical and Life Sciences.
- Sport, Performance, Recovery & Rehab.
- Renewable Energy and Environmental Technologies.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
1,134 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 36%
- Part Time 64%
- UK 84%
- EU 2%
- Other 14%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||0||265||265|
|Business & administrative studies||45||115||160|
|Engineering & technology||20||80||100|
|Creative arts & design||10||10||20|
|Architecture, building & planning||5||5||5|
|Historical & philosophical studies||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.