- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
The university offers a range of preparatory programmes and an airport meet & greet service.
English Language RequirementsTypical English language requirements include the following. Please note that higher levels will be required for some subjects and specific minimum component scores will also be applied.
- GCSE English grade C.
- IELTS (Academic): 6.0 (no less than 5.5 in each component).
- TOEFL internet-based test (iBT): 80.
- For research degrees, the university requires a minimum of 6.5 IELTS.
- Successful completion of the university's pre-sessional English for university study programme allows students to study for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university has a variety of accommodation both on and off campus, and runs a private accommodation service.
- Students may make arrangements to stay in their accommodation during vacations.
- Accommodation is guaranteed for all new international undergraduate students who submit their UCAS application by 30 June 2017 and make Bournemouth University their first choice.
- Accommodation is also guaranteed for all new postgraduate students who’ve applied by 15 August 2017 (for September 2017 entry).
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.