- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Accommodation is guaranteed to first year undergraduate students who select Bournemouth University as their firm choice and submit their application by the relevant deadline.
- A range of accommodation is available, all with Internet access and all but one option being self-catered. The majority of accommodation is in student halls. These normally have six rooms to a residence along with shared living space including a kitchen; many bedrooms are en-suite although some bathrooms are shared.
- The maximum distance to the university from student accommodation is 5 miles/8km.
- The cost varies between £97 and £195 per week (2016–17). The total annual cost is payable in three instalments.
- Please refer to the university website for further information, and videos of the accommodation available via Bournemouth University's YouTube channel.
|Number of university/college beds||2,583|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£5,185–£5,332|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£4,458–£4,458|
- City Population: 184,000
- Student Population: 19,000
- Bournemouth is a thriving traditional seaside resort, famed for its seven miles of sandy beaches as well as its beautiful parks and gardens, attracting thousands of visitors annually.
- Bournemouth University is located on two campuses, Talbot and Lansdowne. Talbot Campus is the main campus and home to most faculties; it is situated at Wallisdown, between Bournemouth and Poole. Lansdowne Campus is based near the centre of Bournemouth and is home to the Faculty of Health & Social Sciences, and most halls of residence.
- Bournemouth is just over 100 miles from London. The town benefits from excellent road, rail and air links.
- Fast trains from London takes around 90 minutes. Bournemouth is also well connected by rail to many of the UK's major cities.
- Frequent coach services run to Bournemouth from many large cities. Journey by coach from London takes approximately 2.5 hours.
- Both London Heathrow and London Gatwick are served directly from Bournemouth by rail and coach services and can be reached within a few hours. Nearby Southampton International Airport and Bournemouth Airport offer a number of European and domestic destinations.
- Student bus services operate locally and between campuses. The UNIBUS bus service operates every 10 minutes during term time.
Culture and Nightlife
- As a coastal resort Bournemouth has a traditional English pier and funfair, and as with all bustling towns in the UK there are many restaurants, bars, bistros and cafés. The nightclubs and bars of Bournemouth are well known and it has particularly vibrant nightlife.
- The Russell-Cotes Art Gallery and Museum houses a vast collection of artefacts and paintings and enjoys beautiful sea views, and popular culture can be found at the Bournemouth International Centre, which has hosted acts including Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kanye West, Rihanna and Bombay Bicycle Club.