- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- We offer over 100 postgraduate taught courses covering a wide range of subjects, many of which have both January and September starts.
- We have a vibrant postgraduate community where students can develop professionally and personally through the Graduate School, which also organises social events.
- All those studying a Master’s at BU are eligible for the Postgraduate Development Award (PGDA), which is designed to help you enhance your learning and employability guided by the PGT Framework.
- We’re also committed to 100 fully-funded and part-funded PhDs over the next six years.
- We have strong links with industry and our courses are designed with direct input from employers.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 3,455 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 51%
- Part Time 49%
- UK 59%
- EU 9%
- Other 32%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||44||1090||1134|
|Business & administrative studies||50||888||938|
|Creative arts & design||61||125||186|
|Mass communications & documentation||74||87||161|
|Historical & philosophical studies||43||16||59|
|Engineering & technology||41||16||57|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||22||22|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||1||1|
- Accounting, Finance and Economics
- Business, Management and Marketing
- Computer Animation and Visual Effects
- Computing and Information Technology
- Design and Engineering
- Games and Music Technology
- Health and Social Care
- Media and Communication
- Social Studies
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- We have dedicated postgraduate accommodation and we guarantee accommodation to postgraduate students who have completed their BU accommodation application by the due date.
- Unlimited number of Academic Scholarships worth £2,000 available for students who achieve a 2:1 or above from a UK Bachelor’s degree.
- Up to 25% off tuition fees for BU graduates.
- BU Studentships are available for research degree applicants.
Support for International Students
- We have dedicated postgraduate accommodation and we guarantee accommodation to postgraduate students who have completed their BU accommodation application by 18 August 2016.
- Unlimited number of Academic Excellence Scholarships worth £3,500 available for students achieving 65% or above from a UK Bachelor’s degree or overseas equivalent.