- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Bournemouth University adds value for postgraduate students, providing opportunities to engage in world-leading research, strong industry links, accredited master's degrees and an impressive range of scholarships and funding support.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,265 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 47%
- Part Time 53%
- UK 66%
- EU 6%
- Other 28%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||0||240||240|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||230||230|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||155||155|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||90||90|
|Accounting & Finance||0||80||80|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||30||30|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||20||20|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||10||10|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||5||5|
|Art & Design||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Academic Excellence Scholarship: a fee waiver of £2,000 or more, for students who achieved a 2:1 in their undergraduate study and meet the eligibility criteria.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for postgraduate students that have accepted BU as their firm choice and booked and paid for their accommodation by the relevant deadline. Terms and conditions apply.
- University accommodation is available on and off campus; the university's private accommodation service can help those who prefer to live in a residential house.
- Students may make arrangements to stay in their accommodation during vacations.
- For those living in halls or Unilet properties, the ResLifeBU team (student members of staff) organise social activities.