- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Bournemouth University adds value for postgraduate students, providing opportunities to engage in world-leading research, strong industry links, accredited Masters' degrees and an impressive range of scholarships and funding support.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,060 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 44%
- Part Time 56%
- UK 68%
- EU 7%
- Other 25%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||240||240|
|Business & Management Studies||0||215||215|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||140||140|
|Accounting & Finance||0||115||115|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||100||100|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||35||35|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||20||20|
|Geography & Environmental Science||0||20||20|
|Art & Design||0||5||5|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Open Days
Open days allow you to experience the university first hand, and help you decide if it's the right place for you.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a variety of scholarships available for postgraduate students to reward academic excellence, help international students access higher education at this level, or simply to provide further financial assistance.
- The Academic Excellence Scholarship means students could receive a fee waiver from £2,000 if they have achieved a 2:1 in their undergraduate study and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Certain scholarships need to be applied for once course applications have been submitted, while others are awarded automatically if students meet the specified criteria.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for postgraduate students that have accepted BU as their firm choice and booked and paid for their accommodation by the relevant deadline. Terms and conditions apply.
- University accommodation is available on and off campus; the university's private accommodation service can help those who prefer to live in a residential house.
- Students may make arrangements to stay in their accommodation during vacations.
- For those living in halls or Unilet properties, the Res Life Team (student members of staff) organise social activities.