- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate students are guaranteed a place in student accommodation so long as they apply by the deadline.
- Terms & conditions apply, please refer to the university website for details.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A variety of scholarships are available for postgraduate students to reward academic excellence, help international students access higher education at this level and to simply provide further financial assistance.
- The Academic Excellence Scholarship means students could receive a fee waiver from £2,000 if they achieve a 2:1 in their undergraduate degree, and meet the eligibility criteria.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,821 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 62%
- EU 8%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||45||1090||1135|
|Business & administrative studies||50||890||940|
|Creative arts & design||60||125||185|
|Mass communications & documentation||75||85||160|
|Historical & philosophical studies||45||15||60|
|Engineering & technology||40||15||55|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||20||20|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.