- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Lots of different accommodation options, including halls-style living, shared houses and private rentals, with rooms dedicated to postgraduate students
- For an at-a-glance look at what’s available, head to our to view 360° tours
- Postgraduate students are guaranteed a place in student accommodation so long as they choose us as their Firm choice and book accommodation by the relevant deadlines. Terms and conditions apply
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- There are a variety of scholarships available for postgraduate students to reward academic excellence, help international students access higher education, or simply provide further financial assistance
- Students achieving a 2:1 or above automatically receive an Academic Excellence Scholarship from £2,000 – so long as they meet the eligibility criteria
- There are also a number of music and sport scholarships for talented students
- You will need to apply for certain scholarships, once you have submitted a course application, while others will be awarded automatically if you meet the specified criteria
- A fee discount up to 25% is available for BU graduates who go on to postgraduate study.
- Postgraduate research courses are available in all of BU’s Faculties, covering a wide range of subjects
- A number of fully-funded PhD Studentships are available
- Pioneering research is central to BU, so you’ll be exposed to the latest thinking and leading practice – 96% of its research was rated as “internationally recognised” by the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF)
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
3,821 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 48%
- Part Time 52%
- UK 62%
- EU 8%
- Other 31%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||45||1090||1135|
|Business & administrative studies||50||890||940|
|Creative arts & design||60||125||185|
|Mass communications & documentation||75||85||160|
|Historical & philosophical studies||45||15||60|
|Engineering & technology||40||15||55|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||20||20|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||5||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.