- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Bradford College is a large higher and further education in the north of England. The University Centre offers foundation, undergraduate and master’s degrees. Degree courses are at present validated by Leeds Beckett University, Teesside University, and Edexcel (Pearson).
UCAS Code: B60
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Bronze is awarded to institutions that deliver teaching, learning and outcomes for their students that meet "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- The careers centre provides help with choosing the right course and discussing potential career paths.
- Bradford College has a specialist team of staff skilled and qualified in a number of areas, including dyslexia/specific learning difficulties, autism spectrum conditions, a wide range of physical impairments and learning needs. They also provide emotional and mental health support.
- Telephone 01274 438999 or email email@example.com.
Students' UnionThe Student Union offers:
- Free, professional, confidential advice on issues such as: fees and funding, academic appeals, disciplinary procedures, mitigating circumstances, money and debt, housing, employment rights and consumer issues.
- Training and support for course representatives.
- Support and funding for student-led clubs and societies.
- General interest activities and events such as craft fairs and film showings.
- Volunteer opportunities.
- The opportunity to lead the Students’ Union by becoming a member of the Student Executive Committee.
- NUS Extra discount cards available for £12 per year.
- Bradford College was founded in 1832 as the Bradford Mechanics Institute. By 1863, the institute had grown to accommodate full-time staff and had its own School of Industrial Design and Art.
- In 1982, the institute merged with Ilkley College to become Bradford and Ilkley Community College, giving the combined college a small satellite campus in the nearby town of Ilkley. This was closed in 1999 and soon after the institution became Bradford College.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Alice Mahon (trade unionist and Labour Party politician).
- Donald Rooum (cartoonist).
- David Hockney (artist).
- Gloria de Piero (Labour MP for Ashfield).
- Mick Manning (illustrator and children’s author).
Bradford College, Great Horton Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD7 1AY