- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Bradford provides high-quality teaching, underpinned by cutting-edge research with practical applications to solve tomorrow’s problems. The university is committed to helping all its students to lead fulfilling lives, become global citizens, and make a difference to the world.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,075 international students in 2017–18
- With 21% of students joining the university from more than 125 different countries, the university is used to giving newcomers to Bradford a very warm welcome.
- The university provides a number of webinars and a pre-arrival guide to help students prepare for coming to the UK. These can be found on the university website (international section) and contain checklists of everything students need to do before leaving home.
- Friendly university ambassadors will pick students up from either Leeds/Bradford or Manchester airports during welcome week, bringing them back to the campus.
- A full orientation programme runs for all new international and EU students. This includes welcome briefings, visa advice, campus tours, guided shopping tour, social events, and the opportunity to gather lots of useful information to help students in their first few days in the UK.
English Language Requirements
- The standard university requirement is 6.0 with no sub-test less than 5.0 (or equivalent) on the IELTS or the university's own entry test, the BASALT. A number of similar qualifications may be acceptable.
- Students requiring a Tier 4 student visa need to meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) requirement, currently IELTS 6.0 with no sub-test less than 5.5. Conditional offers to international students will be made on this basis.
- Some courses may require higher standards; please refer to the individual course pages on the university website for details.
- The University of Bradford has a range of English language courses students can enrol on before starting their academic course. The pre-sessional courses range from six to 30 weeks in length, depending on the student's level of English, and help prepare students for life in the UK and at university as well as improving their English.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed accommodation at The Green for their first year of study.
- There is a wide range of affordable accommodation for students' families in Bradford. Please contact Unipol for details.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Country Specific Scholarships: worth up to £6,000 over a three year degree programme, these are assessed automatically.
- International Academic Scholarships: worth up to £10,500, depending on academic achievement over a three year degree programme. These are assessed automatically.
- Vice Chancellors Scholarships for specific countries: worth up to £10,500, depending on academic achievement over a three year degree programme. These are assessed automatically.
- A number of other scholarships linked to academic achievement or subject-specific areas are also offered.
- The Visa Support team offers ongoing support and advice to international students throughout the year. International students also have a dedicated International Student Advisor to approach with any concerns or questions.
- As soon as students begin their studies, they are allocated a Personal Academic Tutor. They will be happy to discuss any area of the student's programme of study. Academic skills support is available independently of the course of study, offering workshops and one-to-one support.
- The Language Centre offers a range of free classes, workshops, one-to-one tutorials and online support to help students while they are studying their degree.
- The Students' Union International Student Centre is a friendly space for study, cross-cultural interaction and student-led foreign language learning. They also organise cultural events, day trips around the UK and even sporting events such as cycling and hiking.