University of Bradford
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Why Study Here?
- An established university with a modern outlook celebrating over 50 years of academic excellence.
- We have over 17,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students at Bradford and based overseas.
- One fifth of our students come from more than 150 different countries
- The School of Management is in an elite group of only 58 business schools in the world (less than 1%) to hold the triple accreditations of Equis, AMBA and AACSB, often referred to as the Triple Crown.
- Top 10 for Archaeology and 3rd in the UK for Research Image (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- Awarded the Queens Anniversary Prize for Higher and Further Education for world-leading work to improve the lives of people with dementia.
- The Department of Peace Studies in globally recognised as the leading academic centre of excellence for Peace and Conflict Research and ranks 7th nationally for impact (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
- Our research is ranked in the top 50 in the UK for quality (HEFCE 2014).
- 96% of research is world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised (Research Excellence Framework 2014).
Award winning student services:
- Top 5 in the UK and 8th worldwide for international student support (International Student Barometer 2015)
- 1st in the UK and 3rd in the world for disability support (International Student Barometer 2015)
- Our dedicated Visa Support Team to give students the information required to guide them through the immigration rules.
What Do International Students Study?
English Language Requirements
- If your first language is not English, you will need to provide proof of your English proficiency before you can be admitted onto any of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
- The standard university requirement is IELTS 6.0 with no sub-test less than 5.0 (or equivalent). However, if you require a Tier 4 (student) visa to study you will need to meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department's requirement which is currently IELTS 6.0 with no sub-test less than 5.5.
- Some courses may require a higher level of English language proficiency than the university standard. Check our online course pages for details.
- The University of Bradford has a range of English language courses students can enrol on before they start their academic course at the University of Bradford. The aim is to prepare international students for life in the UK and at university, while providing an effective and enjoyable way to improve English language and study skills.
- The summer and autumn courses are designed to raise a student’s level of English by half an IELTS band, for example from 5.5 to 6.0.
- The 40, 30 or 20-week programmes are for students who need further improvement.
Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- We offer a variety of scholarships available to international and EU students.
- Awards are given on the basis of academic excellence and to enable students from developing countries to study at Bradford.
- Find out more about scholarships and bursaries for international students at Bradford on our website.
Pre-Arrival and Welcome
- An airport pick-up service is offered from Leeds Bradford and Manchester Airports.
- International Student Information Point operates seven days a week during arrival and enrolment in September – students can find information, take tours around the campus and city, meet other students and ask any questions.
- A comprehensive orientation programme for international students including information on Visas, escorted BRP collection, the surrounding area, culture shock and more.
- The University of Bradford offers pre-arrival guides and detailed pre-arrival information online.
Accommodation for International Students
- Our purpose built student village, The Green, has been awarded first prize for Best Student Housing at the prestigious College and University Business Officers (CUBO) Awards.
- As an international student you are guaranteed place in The Green for your first year of study
- Join a global community of students at the heart of campus, close to the library, classes and Bradford city centre.
- Top 10 in the UK for Accommodation Quality (International Student Barometer 2015).
Organisations for International Students
- The University of Bradford Students’ Union (UBU) has almost 100 societies so there is always something for you to be part of. From film making to video games, yoga to street dancing and drama to politics, there are also a number of international student groups, and even an international cooking society!
- Room 101 is the UBU International Student Engagement Centre; a social learning space for international students and all those interested in intercultural awareness. Through a programme of social learning initiatives and a friendly international environment, Room 101 helps students to adapt to British culture, engage with UBU activities, gain employability skills, enhance their academic and intercultural skills, improve their English and other languages, become global citizens, and fully engage in student life.
- There are regular organised trips for international and EU students and their families. These trips take place at least once a month, all through the year. We visit historic cities, famous cities, castles, stately homes, the coast, and the countryside to show you some of the great sights in the UK.
- You can read about overseas students who have attended the University of Bradford on our website.
University of Bradford Middle East and North Africa Regional Office
Mr Ismat Abushihab, Director
Tel: +971 4 439 3694
Address: Block 13, G39 Dubai Knowledge Village,
P.O. Box 501723, Dubai
University of Bradford China and East Asia Office
Mr Ding Lei, Manager
Tel: +86 1085119668
Address: Room O-2409 Kuntai International Mansion,
Chaowai Dajie No 12 B, Chaoyang District,
Beijing 100020, P.R. China