University of Bradford
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Bradford is ranked 49th in the UK for its quality of research (REF 2014), with three quarters classed as either world-leading or internationally excellent. Over 150 postgraduate study options are available within high-quality learning environments, taught by academics from around the world. Students here broaden their horizons, network with peers, and develop the skills needed for their next step.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,915 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 28%
- Part Time 72%
- UK 82%
- EU 3%
- Other 15%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||40||350||390|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||30||195||220|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||110||110|
|Accounting & Finance||10||60||70|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||40||45|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||25||25|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||20||5||25|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||10||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||5||5|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
Scholarships are available for students on postgraduate taught courses and research students. These include:
- A University of Bradford Postgraduate Bursary is available for Home and EU students who meet the eligibility criteria.
- Country-specific scholarships for international students.
- Academic excellence scholarships for international students.
- Scholarships linked to subject-specific areas are also available.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for postgraduate students at The Green.
- The Green is the university's student village at the City campus, putting students right at the heart of student life.