- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Brighton is a thriving multi-campus university on the south coast of England with a longstanding focus on practice-based, creative and professional education. Students can tailor undergraduate degrees through optional modules to suit their particular interests, and many undergraduate and postgraduate courses also offer professional accreditation. Scholarships are available to international students for both undergraduate and postgraduate study.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
4,010 international students in 2017–18
- The university supports international students throughout the application process and helps them prepare for student life in the UK. Students can contact the international team or in-country representatives with any enquiries, while specialist teams can advise on a range of issues including visa applications, accommodation, international scholarships and more.
- The university organises a free international orientation programme for international and EU students a week before the start of the academic year. The programme includes a free airport pick-up from Heathrow or Gatwick airport, free accommodation in halls of residence, and activities designed to help students adapt to life at the University of Brighton and meet other students.
English Language Requirements
- The University of Brighton’s degree courses are delivered and assessed in English. UK Visas and Immigration and the university require students to meet the English language requirements for the course they’re applying for. Please refer to the university website for details.
- The university's Language Institute offers pre-sessional and pre-master's language courses to help students to meet their English language entry requirements and to prepare for academic study at any UK university.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed a place in university accommodation in their first year if they firmly accept their academic offer and apply for accommodation before the specified deadline.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university has dedicated scholarships for international students.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.