University of Brighton
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,035 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 39%
- Part Time 61%
- UK 79%
- EU 7%
- Other 13%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||40||265||305|
|Art & Design||20||185||205|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||40||150||190|
|Geography & Environmental Science||30||30||60|
|Theology & Religious Studies||60||5||60|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||50||50|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||40||40|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||35||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||30||30|
|Accounting & Finance||0||30||30|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||10||10|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a number of funding packages through bursaries and scholarships which eligible postgraduate students can apply for.
- Depending on the funding package, students could receive between £3,000 and £15,000 towards fees and living costs. This includes the Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship, worth £3,000 – this is available to graduates with a 1st class degree from a UK university who progress immediately from undergraduate to masters-level study at Brighton.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- International postgraduate students are guaranteed a place in halls of residence as long as they apply before the accommodation deadline.
- Many of the university’s postgraduate students from the UK and EU prefer the flexibility and independence of renting privately. The university's accommodation team help students find a home in the private sector. The university’s database of student accommodation, Studenthomes, lists flats, rooms and houses that have been registered by local landlords and checked to ensure they meet the university’s code of standards.
- Please refer to the university website for details.