- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Brighton is a busy multi-campus university on the south coast of England with a community of around 3,500 postgraduate students from diverse backgrounds. Over 150 postgraduate courses are offered, many accredited by professional bodies and most providing flexible study options that allow students to balance their work, life and study commitments. A wide range of scholarships and bursaries are available to UK, EU and international students for postgraduate study.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,083 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 40%
- Part Time 60%
- UK 81%
- EU 7%
- Other 12%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||35||260||290|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||35||195||230|
|Art & Design||15||210||225|
|Geography & Environmental Science||25||30||55|
|Accounting & Finance||0||45||45|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||5||40||45|
|Theology & Religious Studies||45||0||45|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||0||35||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||0||25||25|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||20||20|
|Communication & Media Studies||0||15||15|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Quick Guides to Postgraduate Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Vice-Chancellor’s Postgraduate Excellence Scholarship: worth £3,000 for graduates with a 1st class degree from a UK university who progress immediately from undergraduate to master's-level study at Brighton.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- International postgraduate students are guaranteed a place in halls of residence as long as they apply before the accommodation deadline.
- Many of the university's postgraduate students from the UK and EU prefer the flexibility and independence of renting privately. The university's accommodation team help students find a home in the private sector. The university's database of student accommodation, Studenthomes, lists flats, rooms and houses that have been registered by local landlords and checked to ensure they meet the university's code of standards.
- Please refer to the university website for details.