University of Bristol
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- International students are supported before, during and after their arrival. The University's expert Visa Advisers can give advice on the UK visa application process.
- Students can be met at the airport and assisted in travelling to their accommodation.
- At the start of term, the International Welcome Lounge provides a safe, supportive place for new students to ask questions, resolve problems and make new friends. A series of tours, trips and events allow students to learn about Bristol and the wider UK.
English Language Requirements
- Students who do not have English as their first language, or who do not have an internationally recognised English qualification, will need to provide evidence of their English language ability.
- The requirements may differ according to the course. Please refer to the university website for further details.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees an offer of accommodation to all new undergraduates accepting Bristol as their firm choice and who apply by the given deadline.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.