University of Bristol
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Around 1,000 self-catered rooms are allocated to postgraduate students, all within a short walk of the university.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a number of scholarships, studentships and awards to postgraduate students.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
The university offers over 200 postgraduate programmes across its six faculties:
- Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences and Law
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
5,175 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 76%
- Part Time 24%
- UK 58%
- EU 8%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||360||140||500|
|Medicine & dentistry||195||185||380|
|Historical & philosophical studies||140||115||255|
|Business & administrative studies||25||170||195|
|Subjects allied to medicine||75||120||195|
|Creative arts & design||55||110||165|
|Agriculture & related subjects||25||35||60|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.