University of Bristol
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
- Around 1,000 self-catered rooms are allocated to postgraduate students, all within a short walk of the university.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- The university offers a number of scholarships, studentships and awards to postgraduate students.
- Please refer to the university website for further details.
The university offers over 200 postgraduate programmes across its six faculties:
- Life Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Social Sciences and Law
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
5,175 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 76%
- Part Time 24%
- UK 58%
- EU 8%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Engineering & technology||360||140||500|
|Medicine & dentistry||195||185||380|
|Historical & philosophical studies||140||115||255|
|Business & administrative studies||25||170||195|
|Subjects allied to medicine||75||120||195|
|Creative arts & design||55||110||165|
|Agriculture & related subjects||25||35||60|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.