- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Bristol, founded in 1876, is one of the top 60 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2019). The University is at the heart of Bristol, a historic, lively and green city in the south-west of England.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
6,584 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 79%
- Part Time 21%
- UK 55%
- EU 7%
- Other 38%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Accounting & Finance||10||490||505|
|Business & Management Studies||15||415||430|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||90||180||275|
|Physics & Astronomy||175||25||200|
|Anatomy & Physiology||65||120||185|
|Geography & Environmental Science||65||120||185|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||105||0||105|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||15||70||85|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||35||35|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||10||15||25|
|Theology & Religious Studies||10||10||20|
|Classics & Ancient History||15||0||15|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||15||15|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Bursaries and scholarships are available to a range of postgraduate students, including refugees and asylum seekers. Please refer to the University of Bristol website for more information on all scholarships and bursaries.
- The University of Bristol's reputation enables it to offer funding for doctoral education from a wide range of sources. There are currently 29 funded Doctoral Training Programmes offering studentships at Bristol.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Around 1,000 self-catered rooms are available to postgraduate students, all within a short walk of the university.
- The university also provides advice for those seeking private accommodation.