University of Bristol
- Undergraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Bristol, founded in 1876, is one of the top 50 universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2018). The University is at the heart of Bristol, a historic, lively and green city in the south-west of England.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
5,960 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 78%
- Part Time 22%
- UK 58%
- EU 7%
- Other 35%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||125||105||230|
|Business & Management Studies||10||180||190|
|Physics & Astronomy||150||20||175|
|Anatomy & Physiology||70||95||165|
|Geography & Environmental Science||65||70||135|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||110||0||110|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||20||50||70|
|Accounting & Finance||10||50||60|
|Agriculture & Forestry||30||30||60|
|Theology & Religious Studies||15||10||25|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||10||15||25|
|Classics & Ancient History||20||0||20|
|East & South Asian Studies||0||15||15|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Bursaries and scholarships are available to a range of postgraduate students, including refugees and asylum seekers. Please refer to the University of Bristol website for more information on all scholarships and bursaries.
- International postgraduate students can apply for Think Big postgraduate scholarships, covering from 25–100% of tuition fees, and a range of country-specific scholarships.
- The University of Bristol's reputation enables it to offer funding for doctoral education from a wide range of sources. There are currently 29 funded Doctoral Training Programmes offering studentships at Bristol.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- A place in university accommodation is guaranteed for new first-year international postgraduate students (subject to conditions).
- Around 1,000 self-catered rooms are available to postgraduate students, all within a short walk of the university.
- The university also provides advice for those seeking private accommodation.