- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Brunel University London is dedicated to education and research relevant to the global economy, industry and society. Academics from around the world teach on its courses and lead its research programmes; students advance their understanding of their chosen discipline, developing transferable skills to contribute to their future career. Based on a single campus, students live and work in one place, within easy reach of central London.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
3,285 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 73%
- Part Time 27%
- UK 50%
- EU 8%
- Other 42%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||70||440||510|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||65||50||115|
|Art & Design||0||115||115|
|Librarianship & Information Management||5||80||80|
|Accounting & Finance||0||80||80|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||20||40||60|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||55||55|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||35||35|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||10||15||25|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||0||15||15|
|Anatomy & Physiology||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Brunel offers over 100 scholarships and bursaries to postgraduates.
- Additional research scholarships and PhD studentships are available in some subject areas.
- Students may also be eligible for a sport scholarship or music award.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Rooms are available on campus for postgraduate students, with a range of options including en-suite, standard and studio residences.