Brunel University London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- There are over 100 different specialist postgraduate courses available at Brunel.
- The flexibility we offer includes full-time and part-time study, as well as e-learning for long distance learners.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
The 4,025 postgraduate students enrolled in the academic year 2014/15 comprise:
Mode of study
- Full Time 75%
- Part Time 25%
- UK 41%
- EU 9%
- Other 51%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||145||958||1103|
|Engineering & technology||319||759||1078|
|Subjects allied to medicine||14||231||245|
|Creative arts & design||41||200||241|
|Mass communications & documentation||2||48||50|
|Historical & philosophical studies||0||3||3|
Brunel offers over 100 taught master’s courses and research degrees in the following areas:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences
- Business and Management
- Civil Engineering
- Communication and Media Studies
- Creative Writing
- Digital Media
- Electronic and Computer Engineering
- Environmental Sciences
- Health Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Politics and History
- Sport, Health and Exercise Sciences
Type of Qualification:
Postgraduate Fees and Funding
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2016–2017):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Beginning from the 2016-17 academic year, a new system of postgraduate loans for Master’s courses will be introduced in the UK meaning you could borrow up to £10,000 for any master’s programme, in any subject, taught or research.
- The Master’s loan is intended to be a contribution to the cost of an eligible Master’s qualification.
- You can use the loan according to your individual circumstances as a contribution towards the cost of the Master’s course tuition fees and/or any other costs associated with the study.
- Everyone has different priorities, so Brunel offers a choice of ensuite, standard and studio residences.
- Rooms are available on campus for undergraduates, postgraduates, disabled students and co-habiting couples.
Facilities and Support for Postgraduate Students
- Brunel is a campus university, meaning everything you need is in one place, including plenty of cafes, bars, and food outlets on campus for you to relax in.
- There are also dedicated postgraduate study spaces including the Postgraduate Study Room for out-of-hours access and The Research Commons, home of the Library’s Special Collections.