- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Buckingham has a high proportion of overseas students, from over 90 different countries. The two-year Buckingham honours degree and 4.5-year medical school programme are particularly relevant to international students, offering professional accreditation and a globally recognised fast-track qualification. The university accepts a wide range of international qualifications and considers each application on its merits.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,290 international students in 2017–18
- The university hosts pre-departure briefings, and supports students with moving into university accommodation.
- The relative small size of the university allows it to offer a personal service to its students before they arrive, as well as when settling into university life.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS with an average of 6.5 (with 6.0 or above in each component).
- MB ChB students whose native language is not English must hold IELTS of 7.5 (with a minimum of 7 in every component,) and hold a minimum of a C in GCSE English (or equivalent).
- The university accepts other English language qualifications as approved by the relevant UK visa authorities.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation is guaranteed for international students for their first year.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- A range of scholarships/bursaries are available to international postgraduate students.