The University of Buckingham
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Accommodation is guaranteed in a student's first year as long as they apply before the deadline each year.
- The university accommodation is spread over 3 campuses; all rooms are furnished and self-catering.
- All accommodation is within a 20-minute walk of all lectures and classes, with the majority within a 10-minute walk.
University of Buckingham Main Campus
|Number of university/college beds||548|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£5,280–£7,512|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£4,704–£9,696|
- City Population: 12,043
- Student Population: 2,090
- Buckingham is a historic market town 50 miles from London and 20 miles from Oxford, with 15,000 inhabitants – of which 7,000 are connected to the schools and university in the town. 50% of the university's students are from outside the UK, which makes the town lively and cosmopolitan.
- The River Great Ouse winds its way through the centre of town, and the large green spaces in and near the town centre are some of its best features.
- The Complete University Guide ranks Buckingham as having UK's 2nd safest campuses in the UK.
- The closest station is Milton Keynes Central, approximately 20 minutes away by car or coach.
- Buckingham has good bus links to Aylesbury and Milton Keynes.
- An inter-city coach service links the town to Oxford and Cambridge; and travel times to London by car/coach and train is 60 minutes.
Culture and Nightlife
- Buckingham has numerous bars, cafés and restaurants.
- Buckingham Old Gaol is the distinctive town museum, established in 1993 within a building dating from 1748. There’s a thriving arts scene with an annual arts, literature and music festival and the Festival of Higher Education, plus a cinema.
- Shopping includes Bicester Village designer retail park and Milton Keynes Central Mall which are both close by.
- The town has 3 local football teams, a rugby union club, and a cricket club; and the annual British F1 Grands Prix is held at Silverstone, 6 miles from Buckingham.
- There is an indoor swimming pool, an all-weather sports pitch, squash courts, tennis courts and two bowls pitches.