Buckinghamshire New University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Full-time first-year students who apply for accommodation are guaranteed a place in one of the High Wycombe halls. The university also guarantee a room to late applicants and those who apply through clearing. Students studying at Uxbridge can apply for halls in High Wycombe and use the free shuttle bus to the Uxbridge campus.
- Bucks has three self-catering halls of residence in High Wycombe, providing 885 comfortable single study bedrooms, in a range of standard, en-suite and studio rooms. Brook Street and Windsor House Halls are 5 minutes' walk from campus, while Hughenden halls are 15 minutes' walk.
- All halls have 24-hour security, free high speed Internet and laundry facilities on site; and all residential halls are registered with and meet the standards of the relevant Universities UK code of practice. Rents are fully inclusive of bills.
|Self-Catered||from £4,798 to £7,991 per year|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- High Wycombe is surrounded by countryside but it is also right outside London. In the heart of the town there is a lively market, pubs and restaurants; Eden Shopping Centre is right on the university's doorstep and packed with big name shops, a 12-screen cinema and a bowling alley.
- Uxbridge is a blend of old and new, a mix of historic streets and modern shopping centres. A huge range of bars and restaurants in the town make it a great place to enjoy student life.
- Aylesbury is a picturesque market town, at the head of the canal basin in Aylesbury's town centre. Alongside the campus there's a theatre, hotel and Waitrose.
Nightlife and Culture
- The Students' Union runs The Venue, an award-winning 1,100-capacity event space and a great value bar in the centre of the High Wycombe campus. It boasts the best entertainment in the local area, with club nights and live music acts.
- High Wycombe has a shopping centre with big name stores and restaurants, and a regular market with a street food court. There is a 12-screen cinema, Wycombe Swan Theatre and comedy nights at the Old Town Hall.
- Uxbridge attractions range from pubs by the canal, restaurants and a shopping centre with the big names, as well as a variety of independent shops.
- The university is well placed for sporting events, including Wycombe Wanderers Football Club and Watford Football Club, which plays in the Premier League.
- Proximity to London makes it is easy for students to take advantage of all the city has to offer; while closer to home there is the Chilterns countryside to explore, as well as nearby towns by the River Thames.
- The university's three campus locations are all within easy reach of London, with excellent train and motorway links.
- Students can use the free, door-to-door bus service run by Bucks Students' Union, available weekdays between High Wycombe and Uxbridge campuses. The Students' Union also provides a free bus service on Wednesdays and Fridays (the most popular student nights) for students to get home safely and quietly around High Wycombe.
- Uxbridge also has easy access to transport links to partner NHS trusts for its nursing students.