Buckinghamshire New University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Full-time first year students who apply for accommodation are guaranteed a place in one of the High Wycombe halls. The university also guarantee a room to late applicants and those who apply through Clearing. Students studying at Uxbridge can apply for halls in High Wycombe and use the free shuttle bus to the Uxbridge campus.
- Bucks has three self-catering halls of residence in High Wycombe, providing 885 comfortable single study bedrooms, in a range of standard, en-suite and studio rooms. Brook Street and Windsor House Halls are five minutes' walk from campus, while Hughenden halls are 15 minutes' walk.
- All halls have 24-hour security, free high speed Internet and laundry facilities on site; and all residential halls are registered with and meet the standards of the relevant Universities UK code of practice.
- All rents are fully inclusive of bills.
|Self-Catered||from £4,657 to £7,757 per year|
- High Wycombe has the charm of the English countryside, right on London's border. It has Purple Flag status, which means it's been recognised for its warm welcome, great mix of venues and safe travel. The Complete University Guide website also recognises High Wycombe as one of the top ten safest towns.
- Uxbridge has two large shopping centres, placing it among the top shopping destinations in London. Alongside the big name stores are the historic Windsor Street and Market House.
- Aylesbury's quaint appearance is deceptive; at night there are plenty of pubs and bars to be enjoyed in the knowledge that Aylesbury is a very safe town.
Culture and Nightlife
- The Students' Union runs The Venue, an award-winning 1100-capacity event space and a great value bar in the centre of the High Wycombe campus. It boasts the best entertainment in the local area, with club nights and live music acts.
- High Wycombe has a new shopping centre with big name shops and restaurants, and a regular market with a street food court. There is a 12-screen cinema, Wycombe Swan Theatre and comedy nights at the Town Hall.
- Uxbridge attractions range from pubs by the canal, restaurants and a shopping centre with the big names as well as a variety of independent shops.
- The university is well placed for sporting events from Wycombe Wanderers and Watford football teams,
- Proximity to London makes it is easy for students to take advantage of all the city has to offer; while closer to home there is the Chilterns countryside to explore as well as the towns by the river Thames.
- The university's three campus locations are all within easy reach of London, with excellent train and motorway links.
- Students can use the free, door-to-door bus service available weekdays between High Wycombe and Uxbridge campuses.
- The Students' Union also provides a free bus service on Wednesdays and Fridays (the most popular student nights) for students to get home safely and quietly around High Wycombe.
- Uxbridge also has easy access to transport links to partner NHS trusts for its nursing students.