University of Cambridge
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Cambridge was founded in 1209; it has a global reputation for outstanding academic achievement and world-class original research.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
5,570 international students in 2017–18
- An International Student Guide provides pre-arrival information.
- 'Welcome to Cambridge' events are held around the world, supporting students before they arrive in the UK.
- Welcome events are held for newly arrived students. These include help with settling into student life at Cambridge, and give the opportunity to meet other students.
English Language Requirements
- Applicants require a high standard of English.
- Check on the university's website for the language tests accepted – not all tests are acceptable for all courses.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.