University of Cambridge
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Cambridge was founded in 1209; it has a global reputation for outstanding academic achievement and world-class original research.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
7,968 postgraduate students in 2017–18
Mode of study
- Full Time 84%
- Part Time 16%
- UK 47%
- EU 19%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||80||620||705|
|Physics & Astronomy||370||25||390|
|Anatomy & Physiology||280||10||290|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||50||75||125|
|Geography & Environmental Science||55||30||85|
|Theology & Religious Studies||55||30||85|
|Classics & Ancient History||45||35||80|
|Accounting & Finance||5||60||65|
|Librarianship & Information Management||35||30||65|
|History of Art, Architecture & Design||35||5||35|
|Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering||5||20||25|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||15||5||20|
|Agriculture & Forestry||15||0||15|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||15||0||15|
|Communication & Media Studies||15||0||15|
|Middle Eastern & African Studies||10||0||10|
|East & South Asian Studies||10||0||10|
|Russian & East European Languages||5||0||5|
|Land & Property Management||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Many full-time postgraduate students will be housed by their colleges, sometimes in graduate hostels or purpose-built flats.