Canterbury Christ Church University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
Pre-Arrival and Welcome Arrangements
- Canterbury has a diverse and international student population, representing over 80 countries from across the world, with a strong focus on internationalisation at the university.
- An International Student Welcome Guide is emailed to all international students and is also posted on the university's social media pages, which are regularly monitored by current international students. A separate International Student Guide has essential information for incoming and current students.
- The university's social media pages give tips and advice on coming to study at Canterbury Christ Church University and staff are available to answer any query or concerns students may have.
- The university holds 2 days of International Welcome Events, including a Welcome Fair, workshops, orientation tours around the city and social activities, providing opportunities to make friends.
English Language Requirements
- All applicants for undergraduate courses will need a minimum English level of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Some courses require 6.5 or above.
- For postgraduate entry, all applicants will need a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- Applicants to an International Foundation Year (EU) will need a minimum of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent. The International Foundation Year is open to students who have enrolled on an undergraduate degree at the university with an additional Foundation Year in order to develop their English language skills and content knowledge to enable them to begin their degree in the following year.
- Six- and 10-week Pre-Sessional Courses in Academic English Skills are available for international students.
- The Academic English Service offers in-sessional English language support to non-native English language speakers.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed accommodation in their first year of study if they have firmly accepted an offer of a place and submit an application form by the relevant deadline.
- All accommodation is self-catering. The St George's Centre and the North Holmes campus in Canterbury city centre are close to campus food outlets. The university also offers Homestay accommodation. All Canterbury accommodation is within walking distance of the main university campus.
- Internet access is provided and there are 24-hour computer labs on the main campus in Canterbury. There is also an award-winning iBorrow service in the Augustine House library, where students can borrow laptops.
- Leases for university accommodation run for the full academic year, so students do not need to move out during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Accommodation is priced to suit a range of budgets according to the size, location and facilities available, and costs include the Internet, all utility bills and insurance.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.