- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Canterbury Christ Church University is a dynamic and innovative university with a long history of welcoming international students. With students from over 80 different countries, there's a diverse and friendly community on campus. The university visits many countries throughout the year to meet and support its applicants, and has local representation in the majority of countries around the world.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
1,000 international students in 2017–18
- All EU and overseas students receive a Welcome Guide with key information about Christ Church and settling into student life in the UK. The guide is issued to students in advance of their arrival and is also published on the university's social media pages. Additional information regarding registration and social and induction events is provided to students on arrival as part of the International Welcome Day.
- The university's social media pages give tips and advice on coming to study at Christ Church, and staff are available to answer any queries or concerns students may have.
- The university holds two days of International Welcome Events, including a Welcome Fair, workshops, orientation tours around the city and social activities, providing opportunities to make friends. In addition, there's the university's Welcome Week for all students.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate courses require a minimum of IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Some courses require 6.5 or above.
- Postgraduate courses require a minimum of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
- Applicants to an International Foundation Year (EU) require a minimum of IELTS 5.0 or equivalent. The International Foundation Year is open to students enrolling on an undergraduate degree with an additional Foundation Year at Christ Church; this will develop their English language skills and content knowledge, enabling them to begin their degree the following year.
- Six- and 10-week pre-sessional courses in Academic English Skills are available for international students.
Accommodation for International Students
- International students are guaranteed accommodation in their first year of study if they have firmly accepted an offer of a place and submit an application form by the relevant deadline.
- All accommodation is self-catering. The St George's Centre and the North Holmes campus in Canterbury city centre are close to campus food outlets. The university also offers Homestay accommodation, where students can live with a local family. All Canterbury accommodation is within walking distance of the main university campus.
- Leases for university accommodation run for the full academic year, so students do not need to move out during the Christmas and Easter vacations.
- Accommodation is priced to suit a range of budgets according to the size, location and facilities available. High-speed Wi-Fi and wired Internet access is provided. Costs include the Internet, all utility bills and insurance.
- The Academic English Service offers in-sessional English language support.
- 24-hour computer laboratories are available at the main campus in Canterbury. Students can also borrow laptops from the Augustine House library.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.