Canterbury Christ Church University
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Canterbury Christ Church University offers over 100 postgraduate taught or research degrees, many available both full- and part-time. Nearly 90% of the university's research submitted to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) was assessed as world-leading, internationally excellent or internationally recognised.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
2,805 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 40%
- Part Time 60%
- UK 96%
- EU 2%
- Other 2%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||5||125||130|
|Communication & Media Studies||35||0||35|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||10||10||20|
|Theology & Religious Studies||15||0||15|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||5||10|
|Anatomy & Physiology||0||5||5|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate students are guaranteed university accommodation, should they choose to apply for it.
- The Accommodation team can help students find a place that suits them, whether in university accommodation, renting from a private landlord or staying with Homestay families.