- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Overseas/EU postgraduate students arriving in September are guaranteed a single-occupancy place in university residences.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Cardiff University offers a range of funding opportunities for both taught and research postgraduates.
- The university is part of 10 doctoral training initiatives spanning the ARHC, BBSRC, EPSRC, ESRC, MRC, Wellcome Trust and Cancer Research UK.
- A Master's Excellence Scholarship offers a £3,000 tuition fee discount to eligible courses, with £500,000 invested in this scholarship scheme.
- Cardiff University is in the top tier of Britain's research universities and a member of the prestigious Russell Group.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework it ranked fifth among universities nationally based on the quality of its research
- The university's Doctoral Academy provides skills and development along with networking opportunities, and fosters an intellectually stimulating environment.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
8,773 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 54%
- Part Time 46%
- UK 63%
- EU 6%
- Other 32%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Medicine & dentistry||220||1385||1605|
|Business & administrative studies||40||1005||1045|
|Subjects allied to medicine||140||845||985|
|Engineering & technology||275||195||470|
|Architecture, building & planning||85||320||405|
|Mass communications & documentation||40||305||345|
|Historical & philosophical studies||55||120||175|
|Creative arts & design||30||15||50|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.