With 15 businesses, around 5,000 outlets, 110,000 people and a turnover in the region of £14 billion, we’re not owned by shareholders. Instead, we’re owned by our six million members. Far from being just a food retailer, we’re also a travel provider, a funeral director, a pharmacist, a legal services provider and much more.
Over the last few years we have embarked on a period of reinvention and change that is driving the shape and success of our business. Our brand reflects our heritage in a fresh and modern way. Our outlets are being updated and we are winning awards right across our business. We are winning over more and more customers and members. We are growing our business and our profits, and that is benefiting everyone. We have updated the look and feel of all our outlets, we have completely transformed our food ranges and our merger with Thomas Cook will create the UK’s largest high street travel network, with more than 1,300 shops. Within the community, we are leading the campaign on important issues, such as tackling crime and reducing youth offending. We’ve even donated £100,000 to help support small businesses affected by the urban riots of August 2011.
Join one of our five graduate programmes — HR, finance, retail operations, business management or IT leadership — and you’ll be working on plenty of pioneering projects. Even better, you’ll be based in the heart of Manchester in our groundbreaking new head office. Set to be one of the UK’s most sustainable buildings, you’ll benefit from cutting edge technology and radical new ways of flexible working.
- 0161 834 1212
- Number of Graduate Vacancies per Year:
- Applicants per Place:
- Location of Vacancies:
- Starting Salary:
- Minimum Educational Requirements:
- 2:2 degree or equivalent.
- Application Deadline:
- Monday, 31st December 2012
Graduate Employer League Tables
- Overall Intake: 10 (244th)
- North West: 5 (44th)
- West Midlands: 5 (30th)
- South East: Fewer than 5 (164th)
- East of England: Fewer than 5 (94th)
- East Midlands: Fewer than 5 (77th)
- Corporate managers & directors: 5 (24th)
- Business, media & public service professionals: Fewer than 5 (430th)
- Science, research, engineering & technology professionals: Fewer than 5 (406th)