- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has a vibrant international student body. International MBA students are offered comprehensive support with their studies and placement preparations.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
3,070 international students in 2016–17
- The university's International Arrival Guide contains all the information students need, with advice on travelling to the UK, visas, paying university tuition fees and the cost of living in Preston, plus details of the support services available to students at the university.
- A free airport pick-up services is available; multilingual podcasts provide arrival directions for students arriving outside airport pick-up times.
- A Welcome Week programme includes activities and information sessions to help students settle into life at the University of Central Lancashire, and social events where students can make friends. Orientation programmes are run for the September and January intakes.
- Smaller, bespoke programmes are run throughout the year for research students, pre-sessional students and students with the university's on-campus partner.
English Language Requirements
- The standard English language entry requirements for undergraduate courses is IELTS 6.0.
- The standard English language entry requirements for postgraduate courses is IELTS 6.5.
- Please refer to the university website's country pages for more detailed entry requirements.
Accommodation for International Students
- There is a plentiful supply of accommodation available for students in UCLan halls of residence, located on the campus. The university guarantees accommodation for all first year students, and students may stay in UCLan halls for all years of study.
- The university does not provide accommodation for students' families but Preston city centre has a variety of hotels, which are a five-minute walk to the campus.
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.