University of Central Lancashire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has a vibrant international student body. International MBA students are offered comprehensive support with their studies and placement preparations.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
2,975 international students in 2017–18
- The university's International Arrival Guide and web pages contain all the information students need, with advice on travelling to the UK, visas, paying university tuition fees and the cost of living in Preston, plus details of the support services available to students at the university.
- A free airport meet and greet service is available; for students arriving outside airport pick-up times, arrival directions are provided online.
- A Welcome Week programme includes activities and information sessions to help students settle into life at the University of Central Lancashire, and social events where students can make friends. Orientation programmes are run for the September and January intakes.
- Smaller, bespoke programmes are run throughout the year for research students, pre-sessional students and students with the university's on-campus partner.
English Language Requirements
- Undergraduate courses: IELTS 6.0.
- Postgraduate courses: IELTS 6.5.
Accommodation for International Students
- There is a plentiful supply of accommodation available for students in UCLan halls of residence, located on the campus. The university guarantees accommodation for all first year students, and students may stay in UCLan halls for all years of study.
- The university does not provide accommodation for students' families but Preston city centre has a variety of hotels, which are a 5-minute walk to the campus.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details of UCLan bursary schemes and scholarships available.
- Support is offered through the university's Student Information Centre. This covers visa and immigration support, settling in, opening bank accounts, and finding accommodation; ongoing support is provided throughout the whole of a student's studies.