- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- There is a plentiful supply of accommodation available for students in UCLan halls of residence, located on the campus. The university guarantees accommodation for all first year students, and students may stay in UCLan halls for all years of study.
- Students live in flats that include a kitchen diner and, in some halls, a communal area with sofas and TVs. Room options include economy, standard, premium standard or en-suite bedrooms, priced accordingly. Adapted rooms are available in halls for those students with disabilities.
- All UCLan halls are self-catered, inclusive of all bills, with free Internet access and 24-hour security.
|Self-Catered||from £72 to £110 per week|
- Preston is a small city with a huge personality. Vibrant, cultural and friendly, it is traditional yet has a young and lively atmosphere.
- The large student population has turned the city into an energetic metropolis with a buzzing nightlife and a growing arts scene, surrounded by pubs and clubs, and eateries that provide worldwide cuisine catering for every palate.
- Preston was rated the best city in North West England in which to live and work, according to 2016 Good Growth for Cities index. It scored particularly highly for jobs and business start-ups.
Culture and Nightlife
- Warehouse, Evoque, Popworld, Roper Hall, The Adelphi and Ships & Giggles are among the city's most popular venues, and Preston attracts household names to perform in the city's Guild Hall and Charter Theatre. It is also home to six museums including the Harris Museum.
- The city's football team, Preston North End Football Club, was one of the 12 founder members of the Football League. They currently play in the Championship.
- Cyclists and walkers can enjoy the Guild Wheel, a 21 mile 'greenway' which encircles the city, linking it to the countryside.
- The city centre campus is compact and central, ten minutes' walk from the city centre, with a variety of shops, bars and restaurants right on the doorstep, and there are designated cycle lanes around the campus and the city.
- The nearby train station is a major transport hub with quick links to London, Manchester, Liverpool, the Lake District, Glasgow and beyond. Preston is also home to one of the largest bus stations in Europe.
- The university runs a safety bus to get students home safely after a night out; and regular buses run to the out-of-town UCLan Sports Arena, allowing students to take full advantage of their free sports membership.