University of Central Lancashire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- Around 2,200 places are available for first year students in UCLan halls of residence, which are located within or very close to the heart of the main campus.
- Students live in flats which include a kitchen diner and, in some halls, a communal area. There is the option of standard or en-suite bedrooms, which are priced accordingly. There are also adapted rooms in the halls for those students with disabilities.
- All university halls are self-catering and the prices include all fuel and water bills; students also receive free Internet access in all halls owned or leased by UCLan.
UCLan Main Campus
|Number of university/college beds||4,758|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£3,600–£4,300|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,300–£3,600|
UCLan Burnley Campus
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,400–£4,200|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£4,900–£4,900|
- Preston is vibrant, cultural and friendly; traditional yet with a young and lively atmosphere.
- It is a small city with a huge personality. The large student population has turned the city of Preston into an energetic metropolis with a buzzing nightlife and a growing arts scene, surrounded by pubs, clubs and eateries that provide worldwide cuisine to cater for every palette.
- Preston has been rated the best city in North West England in which to live and work, according to 2016 Good Growth for Cities index. It scored particularly highly for jobs and business start-ups.
- The city centre campus is compact and central; just a 10-minute walk into the city, with a variety of shops, bars and restaurants right on the doorstep.
- The nearby train station is a major transport hub with quick links to London, Manchester, Liverpool, the Lake District, Glasgow and beyond. Preston is also home to one of the largest bus stations in Europe and there are designated cycle lanes around the campus and the city.
- The university runs a safety bus to get students home safely after a night out and regular buses run to our out-of-town UCLan Sports Arena allowing students to take full advantage of their free sports membership.
Culture and Nightlife
- Warehouse, Evoque, Popworld, Roper Hall, The Adelphi and Ship & Giggles are among the city's most popular venues, and Preston attracts big household names to performances in the city's Guild Hall and Charter Theatre. It is also home to six museums including the Harris Museum.
- The city is home to Preston North End Football Club, who were one of the 12 founder members of the Football League, and who currently play in the Championship.
- Cyclists and walkers can enjoy the Guild Wheel, a 21 mile 'greenway' which encircles the city, linking it to the countryside.