- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has more than 5,000 postgraduate students and over 700 research students. A variety of courses offer students a high quality experience based on a culture of innovation, world-leading research and real-world practicality.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,710 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 31%
- Part Time 69%
- UK 87%
- EU 3%
- Other 10%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||55||320||375|
|Art & Design||10||135||145|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||25||65||90|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||85||90|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||75||80|
|Pharmacology & Pharmacy||25||30||55|
|Accounting & Finance||5||25||30|
|Geography & Environmental Science||10||15||25|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||15||15|
|Physics & Astronomy||15||0||15|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||5||5|
|Aural & Oral Sciences||5||0||5|
|Theology & Religious Studies||5||0||5|
|Town & Country Planning and Landscape Design||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
Postgraduate Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Please refer to the university website for details of UCLan bursary schemes and scholarships available.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- There is a plentiful supply of accommodation available for students in UCLan halls of residence, located on the campus. The university guarantees accommodation for all first year students, and students may stay in UCLan halls for all years of study.
- Students live in flats that include a kitchen diner and, in some halls, a communal area with sofas and TVs. Room options include economy, standard, premium standard or en-suite bedrooms, priced accordingly. Adapted rooms are available in halls for those students with disabilities.
- All UCLan halls are self-catered, inclusive of all bills, with free Internet access and 24-hour security.