University of Central Lancashire
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise
MBA Professional Placement (Full-Time)
- The MBA is for those aiming to establish or sustain a successful managerial or professional career in business. It offers rigorous and challenging personal and managerial development, with teaching delivered by experienced professionals with real business insight.
- Students gain a thorough understanding of the main business functions of marketing, accounting and finance, and operations management, as well as developing entrepreneurial flair.
- International perspectives on operational and strategic management are developed. Key problems faced by the world's major businesses are analysed using the latest thinking on business management, recognising the implications of managing knowledge in a global context.
- Postgraduate research into a particular area of interest in business management builds students' research skills. Academic staff are research-active and share their knowledge and enthusiasm with students as they progress through the course.
- Students learn to critically review their work experiences in the light of current business thinking; and sharpen their team working and leadership skills, reflecting upon their existing behaviour and attitudes.
- Two years with professional placement or alternative pathway.
Master of Business Administration, MBA (Part-Time)
- The MBA programme combines modules focusing on specific areas of management and business, with modules giving the opportunity to reflect on the student's skills and development.
- The course gives students the opportunity to develop their critical understanding of business and management, integrating their existing work and management experience with an understanding of the practice and role of management in contemporary organisations and society.
- Overall the course provides students with a learning experience to enhance their careers, personal and professional effectiveness, and confidence in the field of business and management in a wide range of organisations.
- Modules focus on various aspects of management including operations management, contemporary human resource management and marketing, data analytics, and accounting and finance. In addition, day workshops help develop academic skills in writing, critical thinking and reflective practice.
- Individuals who already possess a postgraduate general management diploma such as the Diploma in Management Studies (DMS), and can satisfy the general admissions criterion of ability to benefit, may be able to join the MBA in Year three.
An Executive MBA (Level 7 Degree Apprenticeship) is also available; please refer to the university website for details.
- Three years part-time.
Quick Guides to MBA Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about postgraduate loans and other funding available.
Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan), Preston, PR1 2HE