University of Chester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
The University of Chester is proud of its cosmopolitan international community drawn from over 130 countries worldwide, with #OneWorldOneChester celebrating students' heritage and diversity. Staff and student communities engage in activities to promote greater understanding and interaction with other cultures.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
895 international students in 2016–17
- Moving overseas can be an exciting and stressful time. The university's International Student Arrival Service helps students prepare with a pre-departure checklist of important things to think about before leaving for the UK.
- The university provides a collection service from Manchester or Birmingham Airports for international students studying at any of its campuses.
- In the first week of term, the International Student Induction Programme helps students settle into the university and surrounding area and make new friends. Activities include a welcome party, help with enrolment, setting up a UK bank account and more.
- Students also get a welcome pack with information such as campus and area maps, how to register with a local doctor and dentist, application form for a student railcard, a UK SIM card, and how to apply for a National Insurance number.
English Language Requirements
- For undergraduate study, IELTS 6.0 (with no element below 5.5).
- For postgraduate study, IELTS 6.5 (with no element below 5.5).
- Any other English Language test approved by the UK Home Office (such as Trinity); and a range of other country specific English language qualifications such as International Baccalaureate, WAEC, NECO, Indian Standard XII, etc.
- Prospective students who secure lower IELTS scores may be eligible for a pre-sessional English Language course, of varying lengths.
- For students who are unable to attend an IELTS test, they can book onto a University of Chester English Language Test conducted via Skype to meet this requirement.
Accommodation for International Students
- The university guarantees accommodation for all new international students whose accommodation applications forms are received by the stated deadline.
- Accommodation can be semi-catered or self-catered.
- All student accommodation is safe and secure with 24 hour security and CCTV in operation.
- International students do not have to move out during holiday breaks.
- University accommodation is not available for international students' families, however the university can offer advice on available private sector accommodation.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.