University of Chester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The University of Chester offers an extensive range of postgraduate courses across a number of specialist sites, providing students with modern facilities for teaching, learning and student life. Research-led teaching and in-depth subject expertise within faculties provides students with an outstanding postgraduate experience.
Postgraduate Student Statistics
4,165 postgraduate students in 2016–17
Mode of study
- Full Time 28%
- Part Time 72%
- UK 91%
- EU 2%
- Other 7%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & Management Studies||45||735||780|
|Theology & Religious Studies||90||65||155|
|Art & Design||10||15||25|
|Communication & Media Studies||5||10||15|
|Drama, Dance & Cinematics||5||10||15|
|Librarianship & Information Management||0||15||15|
|Agriculture & Forestry||0||10||10|
|Geography & Environmental Science||5||5||5|
|Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation & Tourism||0||5||5|
|Electrical & Electronic Engineering||5||0||5|
|Physics & Astronomy||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Bursaries and scholarships at postgraduate level vary from course to course. Some partial fee bursaries are available each year for MPhil/PhD programmes; and fully funded studentships are advertised as they arise.
- The university website is updated with funding options as they are announced; please refer to specific sections for postgraduate taught or postgraduate research students.
Accommodation for Postgraduate Students
- Postgraduate international students are guaranteed accommodation if they apply by the published deadline.