University of Chester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Postgraduate international students are guaranteed accommodation if they apply by the published deadline.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018):
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
- Bursaries and scholarships at postgraduate level varies from course to course. Some partial fee bursaries are available each year for MPhil/PhD programmes; and fully funded studentships are advertised as they arise.
- A range of postgraduate taught and research programmes are available across the university, through part-time, full-time and distance-learning routes, working with enthusiastic and committed staff and departments.
- Most subject areas are available at postgraduate level.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
4,087 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 26%
- Part Time 74%
- UK 90%
- EU 3%
- Other 7%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Subjects allied to medicine||5||1185||1195|
|Business & administrative studies||45||895||940|
|Historical & philosophical studies||115||130||250|
|Creative arts & design||15||30||45|
|Agriculture & related subjects||0||30||30|
|Mass communications & documentation||5||5||10|
|Medicine & dentistry||5||5||5|
|Engineering & technology||5||0||5|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.