University of Chichester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
The University of Chichester offers students whose first language is not English to begin a three-year degree programme at IELTS 5.5. This 'International Route' includes modules in International English Studies (IES) as well as in the student's chosen subject, so that students complete their first year of study with the necessary language skills to transfer to full study of their main subject.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
285 international students in 2017–18
- All International and EU students are invited to an International and EU Orientation event before term starts. Students receive a welcome letter, orientation programme and pre-arrival information via email around July/August.
- The university website provides useful pre-arrival information including advice on travelling from the airport to the university. Students with any queries or concerns about living and studying in the UK can also get in touch with the university by email.
- For students whose first language is not English, the university offers free support to help with spoken and written English – please refer to the university website for International Academic Language Support (IALS).
English Language Requirements
- The standard requirements are IELTS 6.0 for undergraduate programmes and IELTS 6.5 for postgraduate programmes.
- Students can begin their three-year degree programme with IELTS 5.5 if they take the International Route option: as part of their first-year studies they will take four credit-bearing modules in International English Studies (IES), as well as four modules of their chosen subject. The IES modules allow students to focus on personal language development and their use of English as an academic language. At the end of their first year students have the necessary language skills to transfer to full study of their main subject.
- Students with an lower score than IELTS 5.5 can still begin a three-year degree programme, with the addition of a five- or ten-week intensive pre-sessional programme in English language and academic skills. For the ten week programme, IELTS 4.5 is required, and IELTS 5.0 for the five week programme.
Accommodation for International Students
- Accommodation in halls is guaranteed for international students in their first year of study at the university.
International Tuition Fees
The following are the typical annual course fees for overseas students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2018–2019). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Undergraduate (£)||Taught Postgraduate (£)|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Clinical subjects can include dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine.