University of Chichester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- First year students are guaranteed a room in Halls of Residence providing they apply through UCAS on time and make Chichester their first choice.
- There are a variety of halls of residence and houses on or near the university’s 2 campuses.
- The Bishop Otter Campus in Chichester has 449 single study bedrooms on campus (225 standard); the Bognor Regis campus has 229 rooms; and there are a further 392 rooms off-site.
Bishop Otter Campus
|Number of university/college beds||945|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£4,600–£5,200|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£4,300–£5,000|
Bognor Regis Campus
|Number of university/college beds||229|
|Typical annual cost of university/college accommodation||£5,500–£6,000|
|Typical annual cost of private accommodation||£3,400–£4,000|
- City Population: 114,521
- Student Population: 5,550
- Chichester is a picturesque city with beautiful surrounding rural and coastal areas situated in West Sussex in the southeast of England. With its 12th-century cathedral and Georgian shopping centre, it offers a unique cultural and artistic experience.
- It lies between two areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty – the South Downs and Chichester Harbour – as well as other nature reserves, beaches and dramatic coastline to the south.
- Chichester is easily accessible by car via the M27 and A27 which links Hampshire, Sussex and Kent.
- Chichester railway station has regular services to Brighton, London Victoria via Gatwick Airport, Portsmouth and Southampton.
- Chichester Airport is north of the city.
- There are many bus services with Chichester bus station, adjacent to the train station, acting as a local hub. Regular coach services operate between Chichester and London Victoria Coach Station.
- The nearest continental ferry terminal is Portsmouth, 18 miles away.
Culture and Nightlife
- Chichester offers a wide variety of local pubs, bars and restaurants. The main nightclub is Thursdays, and the University of Chichester boasts one of the best university campus bars in the country (according to the Best Bar None awards scheme).
- A range of cultural and arts sites include the Chichester Festival Theatre, Pallent House Art Gallery, The Novium museum, the Oxmarket Centre of the Arts, and the site of a Roman amphitheatre. Cinemas include the arthouse Chichester Cinema at New Park, which shows a selection of mainstream, small-budget and older films.
- A number of festivals and fairs include the annual 4-week arts and music festival, the Festival of Chichester; the Sloe Fair, a funfair that dates back to the 12th-century; and Chichester Street Art Festival.
- Spectator sports include Chichester City FC and Chichester RFC, the main football and rugby clubs, both based at Oaklands Park. Chichester cricket club and hockey club share a clubhouse at Priory Park. The city is also home to Chichester Sharks Flag American football club and Chichester Falcons softball club.
- The city has a leisure centre complete with swimming pool, sports hall and fitness room; while the Chichester Watersports Centre provides the opportunity to windsurf, kitesurf and kite buggy. At Goodwood, it is possible to play golf, watch horse-racing, or visit the motor sport and aviation centre.