University of Chichester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
Campus and Crime Map
- First year students are guaranteed a room in halls of residence providing they apply through UCAS on time and make Chichester their first choice.
- There are over 1100 bedrooms across two campuses in Chichester and Bognor – a large student development (Stockbridge Student Village) and also managed properties situated in the city of Chichester.
- Stockbridge halls are only 20 minutes' walk from the Bishop Otter campus; they are also next to the main entertainment complex for the city. Brand new halls of residence at Fishbourne Road East are 40 minutes' walk from the Bishop Otter Campus or a 15-minute cycle – there is also a university bus service that encompasses this hall on its route.
- An active Residence Life programme runs a number of large and smaller events throughout the year, as well as during the first few weeks in halls. With plenty of help and support on offer 24 hours a day, seven days a week, halls of residence offer the best way to experience university life for students in their first year at Chichester.
|Catered||from £154 to £169 per week|
|Self-Catered||from £101 to £142 per week|
- City Population: 114,521
- Student Population: 5,550
- Chichester is a picturesque city with beautiful surrounding rural and coastal areas situated in West Sussex in the south east of England. With its 12th-century cathedral and Georgian shopping centre, it offers a unique cultural and artistic experience.
- It lies between two areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty – the South Downs and Chichester Harbour – as well as other nature reserves, beaches and a dramatic coastline to the south.
- The campus in Bognor Regis is five minutes away from the seafront with easy access to Butlins, a multi-purpose arts centre and the Picturedrome Cinema, situated within a Grade II listed building.
Culture and Nightlife
- Chichester offers a wide variety of local pubs, bars and restaurants and the Students' Union bar has been awarded a Best Bar None award.
- A range of cultural and arts sites include the Chichester Festival Theatre, Pallent House Art Gallery, The Novium museum, the Oxmarket Centre of the Arts, the site of a Roman amphitheatre and the Regis Centre in Bognor Regis. Cinemas include the arthouse Chichester Cinema at New Park, which shows a selection of mainstream, small-budget and older films; and The Picturedrome Cinema in Bognor Regis.
- Spectator sports include Chichester City FC and Chichester RFC, the main football and rugby clubs, both based at Oaklands Park. Chichester cricket club and hockey club share a clubhouse at Priory Park. The city is also home to Chichester Sharks Flag American football club and Chichester Falcons softball club.
- Chichester has a leisure centre complete with swimming pool, sports hall and fitness room; while the Chichester Watersports Centre provides the opportunity to windsurf, kitesurf and kite buggy. At Goodwood you can play golf, watch horse-racing, attend motor racing events and music festivals.
- Both campuses are a few minutes walk from the town centres.
- Chichester and Bognor Regis are easily accessible by car via the M27 and A27 which links Hampshire, Sussex and Kent.
- Chichester and Bognor Regis railway stations have regular services to Brighton, London Victoria via Gatwick Airport, Portsmouth and Southampton.
- Chichester bus station is adjacent to the train station and is the hub for local bus services. Regular coach services operate between Chichester and London Victoria Coach Station.
- The nearest continental ferry terminal is Portsmouth, 18 miles away.