University of Chichester
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
- Clearing & Adjustment
Campus and Crime Map
- First year students are guaranteed a room in halls of residence providing they apply through UCAS on time and make Chichester their first choice.
- There are over 1100 bedrooms across two campuses in Chichester and Bognor. Two further student developments are within the city of Chichester: Stockbridge Student Village and Fishbourne Road East Halls. Stockbridge halls are only 20 minutes' walk from the Bishop Otter campus; they are also next to the main entertainment complex for the city. The Fishbourne Road East Halls are 40 minutes' walk from the Bishop Otter Campus or a 15-minute cycle – there is also a university bus service that passes this development on its route.
- An active Residence Life programme runs events throughout the year, as well as during the first few weeks in halls. With plenty of help and support on offer 24/7, halls of residence offer the best way to experience university life for students in their first year at Chichester.
|Catered||from £154 to £168 per week|
|Self-Catered||from £101 to £141 per week|
The costs above are for the academic year 2019/20
- Chichester is a picturesque city surrounded by beautiful rural and coastal areas, located in West Sussex in the south east of England. With its 12th-century cathedral and Georgian shopping centre, it offers a unique cultural and artistic experience.
- The Bognor Regis campus is set within its own green campus, a stones' throw from the beach. Teaching and study spaces are set within Grade I listed Georgian manor houses juxtaposed with state-of-the-art creative and digital technology and engineering facilities in the new £35 Tech Park.
- Nearby are two areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty – the South Downs and Chichester Harbour – as well as other nature reserves, beaches and a dramatic coastline to the south.
Nightlife and Culture
- Chichester offers a wide variety of local pubs, bars and restaurants and the Students' Union bar has been awarded a Best Bar None award. Cultural and arts sites include the Chichester Festival Theatre, Pallent House Art Gallery, The Novium museum, the Oxmarket Centre of the Arts, the site of a Roman amphitheatre and the Regis Centre in Bognor Regis. Cinemas include the arthouse Chichester Cinema at New Park, which shows a selection of mainstream, small-budget and older films.
- Chichester's main football and rugby clubs are Chichester City FC and Chichester RFC, both based at Oaklands Park. Chichester cricket club and hockey club share a clubhouse at Priory Park. The city is also home to Chichester Sharks Flag American football club and Chichester Falcons softball club. A leisure centre includes a swimming pool, sports hall and fitness room; while the Chichester Watersports Centre provides the opportunity to windsurf, kitesurf and kite buggy. At Goodwood you can play golf, watch horse-racing, attend motor racing events and music festivals.
- Bognor Regis is home to Butlin's Resort, across from the university campus; it has a spa plus entertainment and music weekends. Nearby are Hotham Park, the Picturedrome (a low cost indie cinema), the seaside and an arts centre – and events run throughout the year, including the famous Birdman contest. The campus and town provide a great base for exploring West Sussex's vineyard trails, scenic Pagham and Littlehampton Harbours, or for coastal cycling, sailing, jet skiing and kite surfing.
- Both campuses are a few minutes' walk from their town centres.
- Chichester and Bognor Regis are easily accessible by car via the M27 and A27 which links Hampshire, Sussex and Kent.
- Chichester and Bognor Regis railway stations have regular services to Brighton, London Victoria via Gatwick Airport, Portsmouth and Southampton – ideal for day trips or weekends away.
- Chichester bus station is adjacent to the train station and is the hub for local bus services. Regular coach services operate between Chichester and London Victoria Coach Station.
- The nearest continental ferry terminal is Portsmouth, 18 miles away.