City College Plymouth
City College Plymouth offers a variety of full- and part-time higher education courses. The college works in partnership with Plymouth University.
UCAS Code: P60
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- The college provides access to work placements, industry visits and tours, employer lectures and employer workshops.
- Students can book guidance sessions with career advisers.
- For students in need of support the college’s specialist dyslexia team offers: a confidential enquiry service, screening assessments to identify learning support needs, one-to-one support teaching by specialist tutors in dyslexia, group support sessions by specialist tutors in dyslexia, training in specialist software, access arrangements and concessions for exams, support to arrange assessments for students entering higher education, guidance for course tutors and staff development about including learners with dyslexia.
- To discuss how the college can assist your learning please telephone a member of the team on 01752 305798.
- The Students’ Union works with the student liaison team to provide a range of social, cultural and sporting activities on and off campus including trips, events, clubs, societies, competitions, campaigns and welfare activities.
- NUS student cards are available for purchase.
- City College Plymouth started as the Science, Art and Technical College in 1889, established in celebration of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee.
- Renamed Devonport Technical College after a merger with another college in 1914; became the Plymouth College of Further Education in 1962.
- Officially renamed as City College Plymouth in 2007.
- The college celebrates its 125th anniversary in 2015.
City College Plymouth, Kings Road Centre, Devonport, Plymouth, PL1 5QG