- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
City, University of London is based in one of the world's most exciting and multicultural cities. Its commitment to teaching quality and the success of its graduates in the workplace attracts students from across the world: 43% of students and 27% of staff are from outside the UK, with 140,000 global alumni and a world-wide network of alumni ambassadors. City is a member of the WC2 Network, aiming to tackle cultural, environmental and political issues affecting world cities.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Silver is awarded to institutions that deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for their students, and consistently exceed "rigorous national quality requirements" for higher education in the UK. Find out more about TEF.
International Student Statistics
6,050 international students in 2017–18
- The yearly Welcome Reception at Mansion House is organised for all international students joining City in September. This event is for both undergraduate and postgraduate international students.
- The reception is an opportunity to meet key members of university staff and to get to know fellow international students. Whilst enjoying drinks and canapés, students will be formally welcomed by the President of City, University of London, and by the university's Rector, the Lord Mayor of London.
English Language Requirements
- English requirements vary from course to course.
- Pre-sessional language courses are available as four, eight and 12 week programmes, running from late June to early September.
- Please refer to the university website for details.
Accommodation for International Students
- For information on accommodation for international students, please refer to the university website.
Bursaries and Scholarships
There are a wide range of bursaries and scholarships available to international students. The following are a selection, please refer to the university website for details.
- The President's International Scholarship: worth £2,000, for international students who achieve exceptional grades at A Level or International Baccalaureate.
- The Global Leaders Scholarship: worth £1,000, awarded to international students on the basis of academic merit and applicants' personal statements.
- International students who have been identified as future leaders can also benefit from Chevening Scholarships – an award funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office which usually covers a one-year master's degree.
Quick Guides to International Tuition Fees and Finance
- Find and check tuition fees for specific courses on our Course Chooser.
- Get information about fees and funding for international students.
- Get information about fees and funding for EU students.