City, University of London
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
City, University of London offers a variety of accommodation options and support services for postgraduate students. Postgraduate students have the opportunity to live in three of City’s halls of residence:
- Alliance House – located in the residential area of Newington Green, approximately 30 minutes' travel on public transport from City.
- Pure City – self-catered halls of residence, which offers en-suite or studio apartments, located seven minutes’ walk from City, University of London main site and eleven minutes’ walk from Cass Business School.
- Willen House – self-catered halls of residence which offers 157 self-contained studio apartments, each with their own en-suite bathroom and kitchenette, ten minutes' walk from City, University of London's main site at Northampton Square, and ten minutes' walk from Cass Business School.
You will be able to apply for one of City’s affiliated halls once you have firmly accepted your offer at City. Please note that rooms are allocated on a first come first served basis but priority is given to students with disability or severe medical condition.
The following are the typical annual course fees for postgraduate students submitted to us by the university (Reddin Survey of University Tuition Fees 2017–2018). Always confirm individual course fees with the university.
|Type of Course||Taught Postgraduate|
- Teaching takes place in a classroom or ordinary lecture theatre. Subjects with classroom teaching might include history, maths and philosophy.
- Subjects taught in classrooms and laboratories, such as languages.
- Much of the teaching may take place in a laboratory and includes biology, chemistry and physics.
- Dentistry, medicine and veterinary medicine are the clinical subjects.
Bursaries and Scholarships
There is a wide range of studentships, scholarships, bursaries, grants and loans available to postgraduate students.
For more information, please visit the website by clicking the button at the top of the page.
City’s research pedigree spans more than a century. Research plays an integral role in the activities of the institution. As part of the University of London federation, City’s research and enterprise activities are more diverse than ever.
Major funding awards from Research Councils, the European Union, professional bodies, charitable foundations, industry and commerce has been continuously allocated to City.
What do Postgraduate Students Study?
9,169 postgraduate students in 2015–16:
Mode of study
- Full Time 73%
- Part Time 27%
- UK 53%
- EU 13%
- Other 34%
Numbers of Students by Subject Area
|Business & administrative studies||50||3270||3320|
|Subjects allied to medicine||75||1100||1175|
|Engineering & technology||115||625||735|
|Mass communications & documentation||20||620||640|
|Creative arts & design||15||210||225|
|Architecture, building & planning||0||55||55|
Figures are rounded to the nearest five.