Conservatoire for Dance and Drama
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The Conservatoire for Dance and Drama comprises eight specialist schools of the performing arts, based in London, Bristol and Leeds.
The institutions are:
- Bristol Old Vic Theatre
- Central School of Ballet
- London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA)
- London Contemporary Dance School
- National Centre for Circus Arts
- Northern School of Contemporary Dance
- Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance
- Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA)
- Entry standards vary a lot depending on the institution you're applying to.
- All institutions are well regarded in their respective fields, standards will be high.
- All institutions include auditions as part of the selection process.
- Applications are submitted directly to institutions.
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Student Services and Facilities
- The Conservatoire's libraries have a comprehensive collection of resources in the performing arts area, as well as access to other higher education libraries across the country.
- The Conservatoire does not discriminate based upon disability, and instead judges their applicants based purely based on their talent and potential.
- It is are committed to supporting disabled students, and will do its best to develop your talent in a way that works best for you.
Availability of Part-Time Work
- All eight of the institutions that form The Conservatoire are based in large cities, and as such, part-time work in bars, shops and other workplaces is possible.
- Across all of the institutions that make up the Conservatoire, students can take advantage of the impressive industry links that are available, enabling graduates to enter careers such as acting, dancing and circus artistry.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 83%
- Postgraduate 17%
Mode of study
- Full Time 98%
- Part Time 2%
Where students come from
- UK 67%
- EU 14%
- Other 19%
- Male 40%
- Female 60%
- Formed in 2001 to co-ordinate a number of higher-level affiliated schools involved in the performing arts.
- Alan Rickman (RADA)
- Anthony Hopkins (RADA)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (LAMDA)
- Daniel Day-Lewis (BOVTS)
- Gemma Arterton (RADA)
- Olivia Colman (BOVTS)
- Patrick Stewart (BOVTS)
- Tom Hiddleston (RADA)
|Address||Conservatoire for Dance and Drama