Conservatoire for Dance and Drama
- Undergraduate Students
- Postgraduate Students
- International Students
The Conservatoire for Dance and Drama comprises eight specialist schools of the performing arts, based in London, Bristol and Leeds. The institutions are: Bristol Old Vic Theatre, Central School of Ballet, London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA), London Contemporary Dance School, National Centre for Circus Arts, Northern School of Contemporary Dance, Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance, and Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
League Table Scores
The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the university.Read more
A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.Read more
A measure of the quality of the research undertaken in the university.Read more
A measure of the proportion of staff involved in high-quality research in the university.Read more
A guide to the employability of graduates on completion of their courses at the university.Read more
The average staffing levels at the university.Read more
Academic Services Spend
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting services such as libraries and IT.Read more
A guide to how much the university spends on supporting facilities such as the careers service, health and counselling services and sport facilities.Read more
The percentage of graduates achieving a first or upper second class honours degree – the class of degree achieved can impact a graduate’s employment prospects.Read more
The proportion of students expected to successfully complete their studies and gain a degree from the university.Read more
Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
TEF Gold is awarded to institutions that consistently deliver outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for their students. Find out more about TEF.
Level of study
- Undergraduate 86%
- Postgraduate 14%
Mode of study
- Full Time 91%
- Part Time 9%
Where students come from
- UK 67%
- EU 12%
- Other 21%
- Male 34%
- Female 66%
Student Services and Facilities
- All eight of the institutions that form The Conservatoire are based in large cities, and as such, part-time work in bars, shops and other workplaces is possible.
- Across all of the institutions that make up the Conservatoire, students can take advantage of the impressive industry links that are available, enabling graduates to enter careers such as acting, dancing and circus artistry.
- The conservatoire judges applicants based purely on their talent and potential.
- It is committed to supporting disabled students, and will do its best to develop their talent in a way that works best for the student.
- Formed in 2001 to coordinate a number of higher-level affiliated schools involved in the performing arts.
- As well as performance the schools of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama are engaged in research. A recent collaboration by Bristol Old Vic Theatre School into original stage practices used lighting by candlelight, training students and staff in the use of five flying candelabras; these were then used by Sam Wanamaker Playhouse Theatre at The Globe in London.
Notable Alumni and Famous Faces
- Alan Rickman (RADA)
- Anthony Hopkins (RADA)
- Benedict Cumberbatch (LAMDA)
- Daniel Day-Lewis (BOVTS)
- Gemma Arterton (RADA)
- Olivia Colman (BOVTS)
- Patrick Stewart (BOVTS)
- Tom Hiddleston (RADA)
Conservatoire for Dance and Drama, Tavistock House, Tavistock Square, London, WC1H 9EU