Apply before 19th Aug for Guaranteed accommodation. Call 0333 733 9160.
What is Computer Science?
The Information Age, Digital Age, Computer Age, whatever you want to call it – we're living in it.
- How we use computers and computer programmes has utterly defined the world we live in today and its computer scientists whom connect the abstract with concrete creating the products we use every day.
- Needless to say computer scientists are in demand, those with a degree from one of the best unis in the UK for the subject enjoy excellent graduate prospects.
Computer Science is the theory that underpins information technology.
- With its foundations in maths, computer science spans hardware and software engineering, the user interface, and computer technology's expansion into new areas.
Employers are interested in both the technical and non-technical skills you gain during your Computer Science degree.
- You'll combine theoretical study and practical projects including programming, hardware architecture and construction, network design and engineering, software engineering, multimedia design, and software tools and packages.
- Some institutions offer combined degrees, such as Computer Science with Economics, Geography, Psychology, or Physics; and you'll find study programmes offering digital media and arts, for example.
- Computer Science courses span the subject areas on offer at university.