Build a firm foundation of management skills to lead construction projects effectively and confidently. Our BSc (Hons) Construction Management and Property Development is relevant, challenging and opens doors to high-achieving careers.
- Take a major step towards membership of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), which paves the way for Chartered status and the chance to boost your earning power
- This course is also accredited by the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (CICES)
- Gain a wide range of hands-on experience to put your learning into practice
- Develop a practical approach to problem-solving and decision-making within construction.
As you progress, you will gain a deeper knowledge of construction management through Interdisciplinary Professional Practice and Independent Study. There is also an optional placement year between stages two and three, which gives you the opportunity to gain an additional qualification for your CV, the Diploma in Professional Practice.
Once you have completed the course, you will have every opportunity to pursue an exciting professional career in construction management, project management, site management or manufacturing. Because the degree is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), you will be eligible for membership (MCIOB).
- A level
- UCAS Tariff
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Access to HE Diploma
Grades / Points
At least a grade C at A level in either Maths, Physics, Science or another related subject (or equivalent qualification)
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Derby is recognised for its teaching quality, rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017. Industry-experienced lecturers, modern facilities, and opportunities for placements and study abroad combine to give students the practical skills, academic knowledge, and confidence to succeed in their chosen career.