The History and Archaeology BA will give you the chance to combine two disciplines that enhance our understanding of human societies and cultures in the past. This degree has particular emphasis on the medieval and modern periods, although you will also have the opportunity to study the deep past. You will examine both historical texts and material remains and considers the relationship between the two. Practical experience is a key part of our degrees. You will have the opportunity to participate in fieldwork to ensure that your skills are continually developed.
In the first two years of this degree you will split your time equally between the study of archaeology and history. In your third year your dissertation can be in either history or archaeology. This course draws on the expertise and experience of our Centre for Historical Archaeology, the UK’s only research institution dedicated to the archaeological study of the past 500 years. You can choose to take career-focused modules (such as Professional Skills; Archaeology and Ancient History in Education) and volunteer for Archaeology and Classics in the Community.
- A level
- Scottish Higher
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Access to HE Diploma
- Extended Project
Grades / Points
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Leicester is a leading university committed to international excellence, world-changing research and high quality, inspirational teaching. A research-intensive university, academic staff are breaking new ground and setting new directions aimed at making the UK and the world a better place. Consistently ranked among the world's top 250 universities (QS World University Rankings), Leicester's staff and students are drawn from around the globe.