Our course is endorsed by the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC), which means you will be able to register as a qualified social worker the minute you graduate, explaining why 95% of our students are working or studying within six months of graduating. Social workers are capable of so much and helping so many. Their work touches upon areas ranging from child protection to fostering and adoption, through to youth justice and supporting adults with disabilities, to mental health and homelessness, and helping those with drug issues or alcohol dependency. You will gain lots of hands-on experience during your placements, operating in real-world settings. While this course will prepare you for a rewarding career as a social worker, it will also give you the skills you need to work effectively in a variety of other roles.
Social Work graduates enjoy careers in a wide variety of roles across social work, healthcare, and in education. The degree’s teaching and placements will help you choose the route that you feel most passionate about and that best suits your skills.
Social Work graduates enjoy careers in a wide variety of roles across social work, healthcare, and in education. The degree’s teaching and placements will help you choose the route that you feel most passionate about and that best suits your skills. Once you have completed an undergraduate Honours degree, you can further develop your education by studying for a postgraduate degree. Within six months of graduating, 95% of our students are working or taking further study.
- Scottish Higher
- UCAS Tariff
- Extended Project
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Access to HE Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
120 - 128 tariff points from Scottish Highers
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
Bournemouth University courses are industry-informed and relevant: the university offers invaluable work placement opportunities to every student, as well as overseas exchanges. Combined with a beautiful coastal location and commitment to ensuring its learning and social spaces are modern and attractive, BU has something to offer everyone.