Select your preferred course from the options available below.
- Full-time | Main Site | 3 Years | 21-SEP-20
- Sandwich | Main Site | 4 Years | 21-SEP-20
This well-established and cutting-edge course will give you the skills and guidance you need to develop successful commercial products. You will be encouraged to take a creative and innovative approach to problem-solving, while also addressing the functional, social and economic needs of your design. Your design skills will be developed with the support of dedicated, highly qualified and experienced academics, technicians and demonstrators. The course is equipped with excellent facilities including a specialist CAD laboratory and our manufacturing design centre. You will spend your 3rd year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry. Following your placement year you will be able to choose between following either a BA (Hons) Product Design or the BSc (Hons) option, which focuses on the technological aspect of design.
This course combines practical skills, academic knowledge and excellent work experience to give you a head start once you begin your job search. Learning about the practicalities involved with making actual products will give you a true overview of the production process, preparing you for work at every level from designer through to production manager. A placement year is a vital part in developing well-rounded and industry-ready graduates. We think our graduates are incredibly successful, within six months of completing their course, 85% of our students are working or studying.
- Scottish Higher
- UCAS Tariff
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Extended Project
- Access to HE Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
104 - 120 tariff points
About this University
Bournemouth University courses are industry-informed and relevant: the university offers invaluable work placement opportunities to every student, as well as overseas exchanges. Combined with a beautiful coastal location and commitment to ensuring its learning and social spaces are modern and attractive, BU has something to offer everyone.