Select your preferred course from the options available below.
- Full-time | Main Site | 3 Years | 21-SEP-20
- Sandwich | Main Site | 4 Years | 21-SEP-20
This well-established and cutting-edge course will give you the skills and guidance you need to develop successful commercial products. You will be encouraged to take a creative and innovative approach to problem-solving, while also addressing the functional, social and economic needs of your design. During your time studying on this degree you will learn all the practical skills necessary to work in the sector as well as examining the theory behind product design, so that when you graduate you will have a balanced view of the product development process to complement your practical experience. You can spend year 3 on a work placement, gaining a minimum of 30 weeks’ experience in a relevant industry.
This course combines practical skills, academic knowledge and excellent work experience to give you a head start once you begin your job search. Learning about the practicalities involved with making actual products will give you a true overview of the production process, preparing you for work at every level from designer through to production manager. 85% of our students are working or studying 6 months after graduating. They have been employed by a range of organisations, including AnglePoise, Atlas Furniture, Campbell Reith, Craftwood Interiors, Dyson, HM Forces, GSPK Design Ltd, Jonathan Coles Lighting, Lancome, Lush Retail Ltd, MDM Props, Princess Motor Yacht Company, Quadrant2Design, among many others.
- Scottish Higher
- UCAS Tariff
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Extended Project
- Access to HE Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
104 - 120 UCAS tariff points from a minimum of four Scottish Highers.
About this University
Bournemouth University courses are industry-informed and relevant: the university offers invaluable work placement opportunities to every student, as well as overseas exchanges. Combined with a beautiful coastal location and commitment to ensuring its learning and social spaces are modern and attractive, BU has something to offer everyone.