This course brings together the exciting disciplines of sports development, sports management and coaching science, designed specifically for graduates wishing to face the challenges of a rapidly changing industry. It has been developed in close consultation with a number of high-profile industry bodies to ensure that when you graduate you will be well prepared for work in this competitive and exciting discipline. You need a certain amount of creativity when developing sport, as well as a comprehensive understanding of the principles behind coaching science and this course will provide you with all of this and more. Links have been developed with a number of key partners for example the Club Managers Association of Europe, the RFU and Dorset FA. Our brand new sport performance laboratories enable you to measure the impact that changes to a training regime can have, and how you as a coach can use that information to better athletes or a team’s performance.
The roles open to you when you graduate from this course are varied and exciting, so you should be able to forge a career that you are truly passionate about and utilise the skills and knowledge you have gained throughout your degree. The employment opportunities are diverse, ranging from local authorities and sporting national governing bodies to international sports events providers, sports manufacturing and retail companies and sports and leisure centres. Our graduate employment record is very strong, with 90% of our students in work or further study within six months of finishing their degree. You can find them working for organisations such as Arsenal FC, Badminton England, Fulham FC, AFC Bournemouth, Fitspace Gym, Freedom Leisure, Sail Croatia, St Anne's Hospital and Gosport School Sports Partnership.
- Scottish Higher
- UCAS Tariff
- Extended Project
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Access to HE Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
104 - 120 tariff points from Scottish Highers
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
Bournemouth University courses are industry-informed and relevant: the university offers invaluable work placement opportunities to every student, as well as overseas exchanges. Combined with a beautiful coastal location and commitment to ensuring its learning and social spaces are modern and attractive, BU has something to offer everyone.