This course has a blend of academic and practical elements combining to produce well-rounded graduates who are ready for the world of work. You’ll gain varied practical experience throughout your course thanks to your 30-week work placement. The course covers all aspects of sport, management and business, something that many graduates lack according to our contacts in the industry. 90% of our final year students said they have been able to contact staff when they needed to. We’ve developed this dynamic course following extensive consultation with numerous industry bodies, including Sport England, CIMSPA and various national governing bodies to make sure it's as relevant as possible to the ever-changing sports industry.
On this course you will be taught by a range of staff with relevant expertise and knowledge appropriate to the content of the unit. This will include senior academic staff, qualified professional practitioners, demonstrators, technicians and research students. You will also benefit from regular guest lectures from industry. This degree will prepare you for work in a variety of sporting settings nationally and internationally. 85% of our students are working or studying 6 months after graduating. Former students have gone on to work for the likes of Manchester United FC, Milton Keynes Dons, DC Leisure, Fitness First, Elite Sports Promotions, The Kia Oval Cricket Club, British Ski and Wake Board, AFC Bournemouth, Open Golf Championship and Messe Frankfurt, among many others.
- Scottish Higher
- UCAS Tariff
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Extended Project
- Access to HE Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
104 - 120 UCAS tariff points from a minimum of four Scottish Highers.
About this University
Bournemouth University courses are industry-informed and relevant: the university offers invaluable work placement opportunities to every student, as well as overseas exchanges. Combined with a beautiful coastal location and commitment to ensuring its learning and social spaces are modern and attractive, BU has something to offer everyone.