In this joint degree you can study German with film across a range of historical periods with the option to specialise in German-speaking or European cinema. As a language student you will be allocated to a stage of language proficiency in our unique system of seven language levels. This is designed to place you at the stage most appropriate to develop your spoken and written skills, enabling you to make rapid progress in your chosen language. In all years of study you will benefit from our wide range of resources. You will use the excellent facilities in the Centre for Language Study and in our German Resources Room, including extensive multimedia facilities and online/streaming resources.
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Access to HE Diploma
- Extended Project
Grades / Points
Typical offer: AAB to ABB including Grade A in GermanEPQ offer: ABB to BBB including Grade A to B in German and Grade A in the EPQContextual offer: ABB - BBB including Grade A to B in German General Studies is excluded for entry.
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Southampton dates back to 1862: located on the south coast of England, it is close to the New Forest and the Isle of Wight. The main campus is north of the city centre, near to a large managed woodland. There are excellent road, rail, sea and air links and London is just over an hour away by train.
Main Site - Highfield Campus