The flexible modular system provides you with extensive coverage of all of the fundamental aspects of cutting edge geology. In the later stages, you can tailor your degree to your own requirements, by choosing specialist modules in particular areas. Geological specialisations range from the applied aspects of resource and environmental geology to the frontier areas of sediment dynamics, seafloor exploration and the history of the oceans. An equally-wide choice is available to you in physical geography, with most BSc Geology with Physical Geography degree students choosing to specialise in surface physical processes such as rivers, glaciers, coastal erosion and in such areas as Quaternary climatic change.
- A level
- Scottish Higher
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Foundation Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Access to HE Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
Grades / Points
ABB to include one science subject. A level science subjects considered include Biology, Human Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Further Maths, Environmental Studies, Geography, Geology, Computer Science and Electronics. Science practical components must be passed. General Studies, Critical Thinking and Use of Mathematics are excluded for entry.
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Southampton dates back to 1862: located on the south coast of England, it is close to the New Forest and the Isle of Wight. The main campus is north of the city centre, near to a large managed woodland. There are excellent road, rail, sea and air links and London is just over an hour away by train.
Main Site - Highfield Campus