/

Economic History with Economics BSc (Hons)

London School of Economics and Political Science

Key information

Data source: UCAS & IDP CONNECT

  • UCAS Course Code

    V3L1

  • Study mode

    Full-time

  • University Ranking

    4th

    1
  • Subject Ranking

    8th

    1 (History)
  • Entry Standards

    The average UCAS tariff score of new students entering the university.

    Read more

    181

  • Graduate Prospects

    A guide to the success of graduates on completion of their courses at the university.

    Read more

    80

    / 100
  • Student Satisfaction

    A guide to how satisfied students are with the quality of teaching they receive.

    Read more

    3.81

    / 5.00
  • Qualification

    BSc (Hons)

  • Application deadline

    15-Jan

    Read more: Applying to university

  • Start date

    SEP-20

Course Summary

This course is concerned with economic change in the past. It uses concepts and theories from across the social sciences to study the development of real economies and understand them in their social, political and cultural contexts. It combines the skills of the economist and the historian, the statistician and the sociologist. Meanwhile, economics tackles a broad range of problems, from barriers to economic development to international financial crises. This programme combines these two complementary fields in a major/minor format, with around 75 per cent of this programme in economic history, and the remaining 25 per cent in economics. You will examine important global issues such as the economic and social effects of wars, the importance of education and human capital in economic change, and the history of economic development in the third world. Economic history combines the skills of the economist, the statistician and the sociologist, as well as those of the historian, therefore graduates leave with a portfolio of highly transferable skills that can be applied across a wide variety of employment sectors. Our graduates can be found in senior positions throughout many professions, in the City, NGOs, the civil service and government.

Entry Requirements

Choose qualification

A level
  • A level
  • International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme

Grades / Points

AAB

Details

Grade A in A Level Maths is required.

Tuition Fees

This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.

£9,250 per year

country flag Students from England

These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England

University information

About this University

The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is consistently ranked one of the foremost social science universities in the world. With an international intake and reach, global engagement is at the heart of LSE's teaching and research mission for its students and staff. From a well-connected central London campus, LSE runs one of the world's most extensive and distinguished university public lecture series.

Address

Main Site

Houghton Street

London

WC2A 2AE

UNITED KINGDOM