Select your preferred course from the options available below.
- Full-time | Main Site | 3 Years | SEP-20
- Part-time | Main Site | 6 Years | SEP-20
This course gives students interested in working with young people in physical education or youth sport a solid understanding of the sport, health and exercise sciences and how physical education can have a positive impact on the academic achievement, health and wellbeing of young learners. You’ll be introduced to prominent theories of education and a range of research-led teaching and physical training methods geared to the learning needs of young people. These will cover fundamentals such as curriculum planning, instruction and assessment as well as psychological theories related to sport and exercise. You’ll also explore social issues in physical education such as gender, race and religion, inclusive practice and historical and philosophical aspects related to PE. The academic and practical skills you’ll gain from your Brunel degree will open doors to careers in teaching, coaching, youth sport development, community sport and health and fitness or for postgraduate study.
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Access to HE Diploma
- Leaving Certificate - Higher Level (Ireland) (first awarded in 2017)
Grades / Points
including at least one of the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Human Biology, Maths, Psychology, Sport Science, Sport Studies, Sociology, Physics or Physical Education
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
Brunel University London, founded in 1966, is a leading technology university renowned for its education and research, and its spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship. Based on a single, leafy campus in west London it provides outstanding sports facilities, easy access to central London, and a friendly, vibrant and strikingly international community.