Reflecting the vibrancy, dynamism, profundity and breadth of English literature, our innovative English Integrated Masters (MLit) enables you to gain a Masters level qualification as part of your degree - helping you to stand out in the competitive graduate job market.
- This degree will change the way that you think: you will encounter a wide range of literature from across the globe, studied in the context of perspective-altering theories concerning identity, desire, cultural politics and the nature of reality itself
- You will study fascinating aspects of the subject at undergraduate level, including classical myth, the evolution of fantasy, the representation of crime, the legacy of Empire, cultural politics, existentialist writing, blasphemy and censorship
- At masters level, you will explore the legacy of the Enlightenment in depth - drawing inspiration from Derbyshire’s rich heritage as one of the centres of the British Enlightenment during the eighteenth century
- The course equips you with the skills and knowledge you need for excellent career prospects in fields ranging from teaching, journalism and publishing to acting and arts administration
Teaching and learning
You will learn through lectures, seminars and tutorials. You will be taught in interactive and varied ways, with plenty of opportunity for you to discuss and debate ideas, so your course stays stimulating and thought-provoking. You will be able to test your ideas, clarify points and develop arguments based on your reading of primary and secondary sources. This will help you to develop excellent communication skills, something that employers really value.
A head start in your career
You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to give you excellent career prospects when you graduate. There are exciting opportunities in fields such as teaching, publishing, journalism, human resources, arts management, broadcasting, the creative industries and the civil service.
- A level
- UCAS Tariff
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Access to HE Diploma
Grades / Points
At least a grade C at at A Level in English (or equivalent qualification)
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Derby is recognised for its teaching quality, rated Gold in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2017. Industry-experienced lecturers, modern facilities, and opportunities for placements and study abroad combine to give students the practical skills, academic knowledge, and confidence to succeed in their chosen career.