Select your preferred course from the options available below.
- Full-time | Main Site | 4 Years | SEP-19
- Sandwich | Main Site | 5 Years | SEP-19
This integrated Master’s is a new course that draws on all of our experience and the success we have had with both our BSc (Hons) Product Design degree and our BA (Hons) Product Design degree. The advantage of undertaking an integrated Master's is that you are eligible for a tuition fee loan for the entire course, including the postgraduate element - an option not available if you study a traditional Bachelor's degree followed by a standalone Master's. This degree has been accredited as fulfilling the requirements for Chartered Technological Product Designer (CTPD). You will be entitled to free membership of the IED and receive their bi-monthly journal free of charge, too. You'll follow the same programme as the BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) Product Design until your final year, with both of these courses designed to provide you with the skills you'll need to develop successful commercial products.
The opportunity to undertake a work placement in the third year of your course will give you invaluable experience of the industry, enabling you to further develop your skills and ensuring that you have practical experience and industry contacts once you graduate. This degree offers a well-balanced mix of practical experience and theoretical study of product design, ensuring that you leave with an excellent understanding of how products are made. This knowledge can inform your designs, allowing you to consider the practicalities of producing a design, as well as its overall function and appearance.
This course combines practical skills, academic knowledge and excellent work experience to give you a head start once you begin your job search. Learning about the practicalities involved with making actual products will give you a true overview of the production process, preparing you for work at every level from designer through to production manager. And of course you will have a Masters of Design Postgraduate qualification that is accredited by the IED on behalf of the Engineering Council. After graduation, you can use the IED job board to post your CV, and you'll get reduced membership rates. 85% of our students are working or studying 6 months after graduating.
- Scottish Higher
- UCAS Tariff
- Extended Project
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Introductory Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Subsidiary Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Foundation Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Access to HE Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
104 - 120 tariff points from Scottish Highers
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
Bournemouth University courses are industry-informed and relevant: the university offers invaluable work placement opportunities to every student, as well as overseas exchanges. Combined with a beautiful coastal location and commitment to ensuring its learning and social spaces are modern and attractive, BU has something to offer everyone.