The Foundation Year provides an introduction to mathematics, mechanics, computer programming, electricity & electronics and engineering principles and provides the skills required to study successfully for an undergraduate degree.
- A level
- Scottish Advanced Higher
- Cambridge International Pre-U Certificate - Principal
- Welsh Baccalaureate - Advanced Skills Challenge Certificate (first teaching September 2015)
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme
- OCR Cambridge Technical Diploma
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate
- OCR Cambridge Technical Extended Diploma
- Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)
- Access to HE Diploma
- AQA Level 3 Technical Level (720 glh)
- GCSE/National 4/National 5
Grades / Points
Grades ABB from three A LevelsIf you have not taken the correct A Level subjects required for Direct Entry, then you will usually need a Foundation Year. Please see our website for a list of the required subjects. Please note that we cannot accept A level subjects that make you eligible for Direct Entry i.e. Maths
This section explains how much you will need to pay in tuition fees to study this course at this university. Fees vary by country of residence so make sure you select which country of residence applies to you.
£9,250 per year
These are the tuition fees you pay if you are resident in England
About this University
The University of Southampton dates back to 1862: located on the south coast of England, it is close to the New Forest and the Isle of Wight. The main campus is north of the city centre, near to a large managed woodland. There are excellent road, rail, sea and air links and London is just over an hour away by train.
Main Site - Highfield Campus